Medical Information and Advice
- Mental Health
- Childhood Obesity
- Childhood Medications
- Quizzes and Polls
- Useful Tools and Online Calculators
Information about pediatrics and your pediatrician, including choosing a pediatrician, getting a second opinion, and finding a doctor to care for your children.
- When Should You Call Your Pediatrician?
- How to Talk to Your Pediatrician
- Ask a Pediatrician a Question
- Choosing a Pediatrician
Review what can cause common symptoms, like a cough, runny nose, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Classic Pediatric Symptoms
- Mysterious Symptoms
- Medical Symptom Checker
- Flu Symptoms
- Strep Throat Symptoms
A guide to common infections affecting children, including chickenpox, roseola, hepatitis, hand foot mouth disease, scarlet fever and many more.
- Chicken Pox
- Cold and Flu Treatments
- Ear Infections and Ear Tubes
- Head Lice Pictures
- RSV and Bronchiolitis
- Scarlet Fever
- Staph Skin Infections and MRSA
- Strep Throat
- Whooping Cough
Diseases and Conditions
Common diseases and conditions that affect children, including information about dermatology, orthopedics, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, and cancer.
- Acid Reflux Symptoms
- Acne Questions, Myths, and Facts
- Allergy Symptoms and Treatments
- Understanding Asthma
- Celiac Disease
- Constipation Treatment Guide
- Symptoms of Diabetes
- Eczema Treatment Guide
- Migraine Headaches
- Poison Ivy Pictures
- Shakes and Seizures
Review the current immunization schedule and information on individual vaccines that are recommended for your child.
- 2009 Childhood Immunization Schedule
- The Vaccine Debate
- Vaccine Preventable Illnesses
- Immunization Quiz
- New Vaccines for Teens
- Vaccine Information Statements
- Chickenpox Vaccine Update
- HPV Vaccine for School Girls
- RotaTeq Rotavirus Vaccine
- Vaccine Additives and Preservatives
- Free Vaccines
- Vaccine Shortage Update
A guide to your children's Mental Health, with information about childhood depression, ADHD, bipolar disorder, autism, and behavioral problems.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Depression Screening Quiz
- Early Signs of Autism
- Eating Disorders Screening Quiz
Obesity in kids has reached epidemic levels. Experts estimate that 15% of kids are overweight and another 15% are at risk of becoming overweight. And two thirds of these overweight kids will become overweight adults. Learn to prevent obesity and help your kids stay at a more healthy weight.
- Childhood Obesity
- Weight Management Guide
- Weight Loss Goals for Kids
- Exercise and Fitness
- Extra Calories and Childhood Obesity
- Calories from Drinks
- Portion Control
- Five Quick and Easy Weight Loss Steps
- BMI Calculator
- Books to Help Overweight Kids
- High Calorie Foods
- Junk Food
- High-Fat Foods
- Low-Carb Diets
- Child Obesity Statistics
- How Many Calories Are in a Pound of Fat?
Information about pediatric drugs and commonly used medications. Topics include databases with drug reference material, and information for consumers about how to administer medicines to their kids.
- Coughs and Cough Syrup
- Before You Buy Children's Cold Medicines
- Medicine Cabinet Clean Out
- Pediatric Drug Warnings
- Tylenol vs. Motrin - What's Better for Fever?
Quizzes and Polls
Take our quizzes and polls of common pediatric health problems and information to see if you know as much as you should or think you do about taking care of your kids.
Useful Tools and Online Calculators
Useful pediatric tools, including polls, growth charts, body mass index calculators, height predictors and other resources to help you care for your kids.