National Public Health Week:
National Public Health Week 2012:
A Healthier America Begins Today: Join the Movement!:
This year's theme is A Healthier America Begins Today: Join the Movement!
Everyone can get involved by following National Public Health Week (@NPHW) on Twitter and using the #NPHW hastagt.
Each day, NPHW will focus on a different topic:
- Active Living and Healthy Eating
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Communicable Diseases - including proper handwashing and food safety
- Reproductive and Sexual Health - including getting tested for STDs and working to improve reproductive and sexual health in your community
- Mental and Emotional Well-Being - including identifying early signs of depression and suicide and getting kids treatment for their mental health problems
Find a NPHW event near you and get involved.
Previous themes included:
- 2011 - Safety is NO Accident
- 2010 - start small, think big
- 2009 - Building the Foundation for a Healthy America
- 2008 - Climate Change: Our Health in the Balance
- 2007 - Take the First Step!
- 2006 - Designing Healthy Communities: Raising Healthy Kids
- 2005 - Prevent, Protect and Plan