1. Health

Find a Doctor for your Child

Resources to help you find a board certified Pediatrician, Pediatric subspecialist and other health professionals.
  1. Choosing a Pediatrician
  2. Second Opinion (6)
  3. Children's Hospitals (20)

Do's and Dont's at your Pediatrician's Office
What you should and shouldn't do when you see your Pediatrician.

Find a Pediatrician
Find a Pediatrician using the American Academy of Pediatrics Pediatrician Referral Service.

Find a Family Doctor
Find a family doctor from this directory of active members of the American Academy of Family Physicians.

Children's Hospital Profiles
This service allows you to search for your local children's hospital or find a hospital with a specific program, pediatric specialist or area of expertise that your child needs.

Find a Board Certified Doctor
Search for a board certified doctor to care for your child. In 'Area of Certification,' choose 'Pediatrician' if you are looking for a Pediatrician in your area. You can also look for a Pediatric Subspecialist, for example, in Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Dermatology, Pediatric Endocrinology, etc. Or just enter your doctor's name to see if he or she is board certified.

Find an Allergy or Asthma Specialist
Find a specialist in your area to care for your children with asthma or allergies, including hayfever, drug allergies and food allergies.

Find a Pediatric Dentist
Find a pediatric dentist to care for your children's teeth. Pediatric dentists have special training to meet the needs of children with a variety of dental problems.

Find a Dermatologist
Find a dermatologist in your area or search by profile, including 'contact information, office hours, professional biography, healthcare coverage, etc.'

Find a Nutrition Professional
Find a registered dietitian to get nutritional advice for your children.

Find an Eating Disorder Specialist
A list of doctors, nutritionists, counselors, and inpatient and/or outpatient facilities to help your child with an eating disorder from the National Eating Disorders Association.

Find a Pediatric Gastroenterologist
Search by category, doctor's name, city, state or country, to find a Pediatric Gastroenterologist to evaluate your child with constipation, gastroesophageal reflux, liver problems and other medical issues in Pediatric Gastroenterology.

Find a Pediatric Hematologist / Oncologist
Pediatric Hematologist and Oncologists care for children with blood disorders, including anemia, sickle cell disease, hemophilia, etc. and childhood cancer, including leukemia, lymphoma, retinoblastoma, neuroblastoma, bone tumors, etc.

Find A Pediatric Ophthalmologist
Find A Pediatric Ophthalmologist to care for your child with strabismus, cataracts, glaucoma, blocked tear ducts, eye injuries and other disorders that can affect your child's vision. Be sure to choose 'Specialty' -> 'Pediatric Ophthalmology'.

Find a Pediatric Surgeon
Find a Pediatric Surgeon, who can "operate on children whose development ranges from the newborn stage through the teenage years. In addition to completing training and achieving board certification, pediatric surgeons complete two additional years of training exclusively in children's surgery. They then receive special certification in the subspecialty of pediatric surgery."

Find a Pediatric Urologist
Find a Pediatric Urologist. Look in the 'Special Interest Area' to find a specialist in Pediatric Urology for your child. Specialists in Pediatric Urology take care of children with genital, bladder and urinary problems, including reflux and voiding dysfunction.

Find a Play Therapist - Association for Play Therapy
Find a play therapist for your child who needs play therapy to treat children who need help with with various problems and mental health conditions, including anger management, anxiety, depression, ADHD, conduct disorder, and to help cope with stress, like from a divorce, grief, or other loss.

Find a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Find a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist in your area. Search options let you narrow the search for doctors with special interests or areas of speciality, such as ADHD, autism , OCD, sleep disorders, etc.

Find a Speech Language Pathologist
Find an audiologist and/or speech language pathologist for your child with speech and hearing disorders.

Find a Speech-Language Pathologists
This on-line directory contains valuable information about thousands of programs that employ audiologists and speech-language pathologists who hold the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).

You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.

We comply with the HONcode standard
for trustworthy health
information: verify here.