Recommended Reading List for Kids Getting Bullied
Getting Bullied Resources:
Between 15 to 25 percent of students in the United States are getting bullied at school.
Kids start being bullied in elementary school, but bullying doesn't peak until kids are in sixth through eight grade, and it then continues into high school.
Are your kids getting bullied at school?
Unfortunately, it is sometimes hard to tell if your child is being bullied, since kids often aren't quick to tell anyone. In addition to taking our Getting Bullied Screening Quiz, these other resources about bullies can help you deal with bullies.
Also, talk to your kids to make sure they aren't the ones in school that are doing the bullying.
- Parenting Quizzes and Polls - Review more of our quizzes and polls about common pediatric parenting problems and information to see if you know as much as you should or think you do about taking care of your kids.
- Bullying and Bullies - Bullying is serious. Children who are bullied often develop low self-esteem and can develop problems at school and symptoms of anxiety, depression, and thoughts of suicide. Learn to recognize signs of bullying, review bullying statistics, and learn ways of dealing with a bully.
- Building Your Child's Self Esteem - Learn how to build or boost your child's self-esteem.
- Depression Screening Quiz - A depression screening quiz to see if your child or teen is depressed.
- Stop Bullying Now - Read more about the Take A Stand. Lend A Hand. Stop Bullying Now! campaign.
- School Refusal - Refusing to go to school is sometimes a sign that your child is getting bullied at school or on the way to school.
- Bullies and Going Back to School - More tips about Bullies, Drug Abuse, Medical Problems for your child going back to school.
- Bullying - Bullying is a common experience for many children and adolescents. Surveys indicate that as many as half of all children are bullied at some time during their school years, and at least 10% are bullied on a regular basis. Get more information about bullying from The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Dealing with a Bully - Bullies are common among school age children. Bullying can be either physical or verbal, and can range from mild teasing to pushing and hitting. Learn what to do when your child is being bullied.