An email with a link to:
was emailed to:
Thanks for sharing About.com with others!
Maintaining a Sense of Humor
Take our child safety to quiz to see if you are aware of key recommendations to keep your kids safe.
1) What is the earliest age that children can safely sleep in the top bunk of a bunk bed?
a) four years
b) five years
c) six years
d) seven years
2) At what age can children begin to use a lawn mower?
a) 12 years for a riding mower
b) 10 years for a walk-behind mower
c) both a and b
d) none of the above
3) To prevent a child from getting to a pool, how tall should the fence around the pool be?
a) 24 inches
b) 36 inches
c) 42 inches
d) 48 inches
4) Which of the following is a true statement about bicycle safety?
a) It is safe for a child to wear a football helmet when riding a bike.
b) Your child should ride facing traffic so that he can dodge oncoming cars.
c) You should buy a bike that fits your child now, instead of one that they will grow into.
d) Your child can ride safely at night if he is using bike reflectors.
5) The AAP states that children should not be allowed to ride 4 wheeled all-terrain vehicles until they are...
a) 12 years old
b) 14 years old
c) 16 years old
d) 18 years old
6) The AAP states that...
a) A gun kept in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone known to the family than to kill someone in self-defense.
b) A gun kept in the home triples the risk of homicide.
c) The risk of suicide is 5 times more likely if a gun is kept in the home
d) All of the above.
7) To avoid scalding burns, you should set your hot water heater to...
a) 120 degrees
b) 130 degrees
c) 140 degrees
d) 150 degrees
8) Your home should have a carbon monoxide detector if it has...
a) an attached garage
b) a gas furnace
c) a wood burning stove
d) any of the above
9) The number for Poison Control is...
10) To prevent falls from windows, you should...
a) install a permanent window guard if you are below the 6th floor
b) place furniture in front of the window
c) install screens on windows you plan to open
d) install a window stop to prevent a window from opening more than 4 inches
11) Common poisonous house plants don't include...
b) Devil's Ivy
12) Children should not ride a skateboard until they are...
a) 3 years old
b) 4 years old
c) 5 years old
d) 6 years old
13) Younger children can be harmed by toys that...
a) have small parts
b) make loud noises
c) can break easily
d) all of the above
14) A safe crib has...
a) slats that are less then 2 3/8 inches apart
b) slats that are more then 2 3/8 inches apart
c) decorative cutout end panels
d) both a and c
15) Home trampolines are safe if...
a) only two people jump on the trampoline at a time
b) a safety pad covers the frame and springs
c) they don't have an enclosure
d) none of the above
16) Children should ride in the back seat of a car until they are...
a) 9 years old
b) 10 years old
c) 11 years old
d) 12 years old
17) Children can usually safely ride without a booster seat once they are...
a) 7 years old
b) 80 pounds
c) 3'9" tall
d) both b and c
18) Your child may be at risk for lead poisoning if...
a) your home was built in 1947
b) your home was built in 1967
c) your home was built in 1987
d) either a or b
The answers are posted below:
Answers: ( 'c', 'd', 'd', 'c', 'c', 'd', 'a', 'd', 'b', 'd', 'd', 'd', 'd', 'a', 'd', 'd', 'b', 'd');
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Vincent Iannelli, M.D.
©2015 About.com. All rights reserved.