A. It depends. If it was a moderate or severe crash, then yes, you should replace the car seats.
However, if it was just a minor accident, then you may not automatically need to. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, an accident is minor if:
- the vehicle was able to be driven away from the crash site;
- the vehicle door nearest the safety seat was undamaged;
- there were no injuries to any of the vehicle occupants;
- the air bags (if present) did not deploy; AND
- there is no visible damage to the safety seat.