Am I Fat?
A Body Weight Quiz
Body Weight Related Resources:
Although there is certainly a worry that many kids are overweight, either because they eat too many calories or don't exercise enough, there are also kids who are at a perfectly healthy weight but think they are overweight.
Am I fat?
That is a common question that some teens and preteens ask when they go to the pediatrician who obsess about their weight and where they are on the growth chart.
Kids who are overweight get a lot of attention these days, but it is also important to not overlook kids who are underweight and those who are at a normal weight, but are worried that they are fat, so restrict what they eat or do other things to limit their weight gain.
- BMI Calculator - Parents often wonder if their children are overweight, underweight or just right. Using our body mass index calculator, you can figure out if your child is at an appropriate weight for his or her height. The BMI calculator also works for adults!
- Eating Disorders Screening Quiz - Worry about being fat is one reason that kids, even preteens, develop eating disorders. Do your kids have an eating disorder?
- Childhood Obesity - With the rise in childhood obesity, preventing childhood obesity is an important goal for all parents. Also learn how to help your overweight child lose weight through increased physical activity, healthy nutrition, and avoiding other risk factors for obesity.
- Teen Issues and Challenges - Review all of the issues and problems facing today's teens, including drug abuse, mental health problems, cyber-bullying, obesity, and things that you may not be familiar with, such as the choking game and abuse of prescription medications and over-the-counter drugs.
- Teenagers - What you need to know about teenagers from our Ages and Stages photo gallery.
- Weight Loss Goals for Kids - Learn why having specific weight loss goals, in addition to more specific advice on how to eat healthier and how much more active they need to be, can be a much more helpful way to get kids to a healthier weight.
- How Many Calories Are in a Pound of Fat? - Understanding how many calories it takes to gain a pound of fat can help you understand how your kids become overweight so quickly.
- Exercise and Fitness for Kids - Most people recognize that kids should be more physically active and need to exercise regularly to be physically fit. Learn just how much should kids be exercising each day and how to encourage them to be more active.