Taking Your Child to your PediatricianAt the eleven to twelve year checkup, you can expect:
- An examination of your child's growth and development.
- A review of diet and sleep schedules
- Measurement of his height, weight and blood pressure.
- Counseling for injury prevention, dental health, and a proper diet.
- A review of school performance.
- Immunizations: Tdap (tetanus booster), Menactra, and Gardasil (girls only), and possibly the Varivax booster (if your child hasn't had chickenpox), HepB and HepA series - if not already given.
- Screening test: vision and hearing test.
For more information:
More Topics for Your Eleven to Twelve Year Old:
- Kids and TV
- Exercise and Fitness
- Youth Sports
- New Vaccines for Teens
- Afterschool Safety
- Puberty Quiz
- Promoting a Positive Body Image