In this week's Saturday Safety Roundup, stories of:
- a 16-year-old in Houston, Texas who was unintentionally shot in the thigh by her 17-year-old brother who was playing with a loaded gun.
- a 3-year-old in Michigan City, Indiana who died after he was unintentionally shot in the head by his mother's boyfriend.
- a 13-year-old in Hopkinton, Massachusetts who died after he was hit by a car while crossing a street on his bike.
- three young children in Las Vegas, Nevada who are in critical condition after a truck slammed into them at a bus stop. The father of the children was taking them to daycare.
- a 2-year-old in Lake Placid, Florida who was critically injured after his mother backed over his leg while she was mowing the lawn.
- an 18-month-old in Stony Point, New York who suffered a head injury after his father hit a tree while riding on an ATV with the toddler on his lap, causing a large tree limb to hit the toddler on the head.
- an 11-year-old in Perry Township, Ohio who died of severe head trauma after crashing her ATV.
- a 5-year-old in Shaftsbury, Vermont who died while driving his child-sized ATV with a helmet and chest-protector. The ATV flipped while he was riding on a trail on his family's property.
- a 10-year-old in Summerfield, Florida who is in critical condition after he was ejected from an ATV driven by an 11-year-old.
- a 1-year-old in Dothan, Alabama who is in critical condition after she nearly drowned after she was left unattended in a bath tub with her 2-year-old sibling.
- a 2-year-old in Miami, Florida who drowned in a backyard swimming pool during a family gathering while other people were in the pool.
- a 2-year-old in St. Petersburg, Florida who suffered first- and second-degree burns on his back, arms, and legs after he fell on hot coals in a fire pit after losing his balance while riding a bike.
Keep your kids safe. Not all, but many of these types of accidents can be prevented.