1. Health
Vincent Iannelli, M.D.

Graco Stroller Recall

By October 20, 2010

Graco Stroller Recall - Photo courtesy of the CPSCGraco Children's Products Inc. and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission are recalling about 2 million Graco strollers because of a risk of risk of entrapment and strangulation, including four deaths, when using these Graco strollers.

This Graco stroller recall includes the Graco Quattro Tour and Graco MetroLite strollers and travel systems which were sold at stores nationwide between November 2000 and December 2007.

There have been at least four reports of infant strangulations and five reports of entrapment involving these Graco strollers. If you have a Graco stroller on the Graco stroller recall list (see the Graco model numbers below), stop using it and contact Graco to get a free repair kit.

Graco Quattro Tour and Graco MetroLite strollers and travel systems on the Graco stroller recall list include the following stroller model numbers (found on a label on the rear frame): 35735, 35759, 7111ASB, 7111BKW, 7111CLN, 7111CUN, 7111DIA, 7111HEA, 7111HIG, 7111LAG, 7111KSH, 7112CNP, 7112MTR, 7113CJR, 7113CMR, 7113COT, 7119GGG, 7119WSR, 7121MAY, 7125QST, 7126RNS, 7127LEG, 7132RXY, 7134SMB, 7138RNS, 35760, 7411ATR, 7411BGN, 7411BGN2, 7411BLB, 7411KBK, 7411KBK2, 7411LV, 7411MCH, 7411MCH2, 7411MLY, 7411MLY2, 7419LIM, 7419LIM2, 7419OWD2, 7B00BDA, 7B00DRB, 7B00KAS, 7B01MNS, 7B03CST2, 7B03LTC2, 7B03TFE2, 1104, 1240, 6110DW, 6110F3, 6110S7, 6110TS7, 6111FKB, 6111VIN, 6113SCR, 6114HAV, 6114JAM, 6114LAG, 6114NGS, 6116NRF, 6120SHL, 6121CJG, 6121CNP, 6121GGG, 6121MTR, 6123EME, 6124LRD, 6125SMB, 6J01DAI, 6J01HRL, 6J03RIT, 6J04JEN, 6J05MIN, 1070, 7000KSB, 7308DEL, 7308DEL2, 7308DEL4, 7308TYR, 7308TYR2, 7406PLT, 7408MRT, 7409GRG, 7410CON, 7413CML, 7413MRN, C7413CML.

Related:
CPSC Graco Stroller Alert
Recent Recalls and Alerts
Baby Product Recalls

Comments
October 20, 2010 at 2:09 pm
(1) Lode says:

It never stops to amaze me how we can create products, especially made for infants and small children, that could possible harm our kids.

I know there are tests that need to be performed on the safety of that equipment and I also know that these strollers require proper certification of approval before the manufacturer can sell them.

How can they possibly get this approval? Recalling a few stroller would be understandable when selling millions. Recalling millions?

I am just not getting it! I gather it really is all about profit first and safety comes later, much later.

Lode

October 20, 2010 at 2:21 pm
(2) Maggie says:

Parents need to learn to not only buckle their kids in but also keep an eye on them. Another “parenting fail” recall.

October 20, 2010 at 3:54 pm
(3) Fred says:

Lode, not all safety tests work, its often not until a child gets their hands on something that they manage to break it. Dolls and crash test dummies don’t move like a real child.

With that said, I agree with Maggie, use the buckles provided and pay attention to your child and they are a lot less likely to slip into a position where they can be strangled. Its ceases to amaze me when I see a child asleep, falling out of a stroller while mom pushes the stroller down the street, talking on her cell phone, completely oblivious to what’s going on with her child.

October 22, 2010 at 9:07 am
(4) Marie says:

Why are parents oblivious to their children? Any object can be harmful if not used properly or if parents are not PAYING ATTENTION TO THEIR CHILDREN and what they are doing……it is called personal responsibility. Most companies are including ridiculous disclaimers on products to protect themselves from idiotic morons who file law suits against them based on their own stupidity and negligence.

November 8, 2010 at 3:48 pm
(5) Dawn says:

I agree w/ Marie …

It’s amazing how any of us lived … (30 yrs +)

I guess our parents took the time to take good care of us!

December 2, 2010 at 9:06 pm
(6) PAMELA says:

I am appalled at all of your comments. These children have died and you have the audacity to point a finger of blame on the parents. You have NO clue what happened. You should be ashamed of yourselves, stop judging others and start teaching your own kids to be a lot different than you are…

December 7, 2010 at 2:22 pm
(7) Holly says:

I agree with Pamela. Four children have died! I owned one of these strollers when my child was smaller, and thankfully nothing happened to her. I don’t know if those who commented negatively have children or not, but if they do they should realize it is impossible to just stare at your children 100% of the time. In the colder months, my husband and I would drape a blanket over the canopy of our stroller to prevent our baby from getting so cold. We would check her about every five minutes, but I now realize that anything could have happened during those five minutes in which we were just trying to do what was best for our child. These strollers also came with multiple canopies so that parents could completely enclose their children if they so chose. I am horrified by all of the heartless people out there who can dare to place blame on the poor parents who lost their children. These strollers should have been made to protect children. This occurrence is completely unacceptable on the part of the company, and the parents of these lost children deserve our sympathy rather than our judgement.

January 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm
(8) Grace says:

It goes both ways. I don’t think it is possible to check every single possibility, safety wise……after all, what parents is going to sign their kid up to be a crash test dummy for a new product to see if it might hurt or kill them? If a product has an obvious safety hazard – especially if it is a result of shoddy manufacturing, then the company is at fault and should be castigated, but often it is user error (not using the equipment the way it was designed) and/or parent neglect. If we had to pull every toy, product, etc…that could possibly harm a child from the market, there would be practically nothing left. Drop-side cribs are a perfect example. People were using drop-side cribs for decades before they suddenly became a “hazard” and are now illegal. We just bought a 4 foot tall Little Tykes slide. Watching my toddlers on it, it is a miracle that more kids don’t end up with broken bones, etc… from playing on those because kids are crazy! Parents DO need to step up and take responsibility and companies need to do everything that they can to make sure that products are safe.

October 23, 2012 at 9:41 pm
(9) Mary says:

Im sorry, but honestly I think it’s some of the mothers fault. I mean watch your child. If your careless enough to let another child push your infant and push the buttons and what not on the stroller, than you should know that something bad is going to happen.