1. Health
Vincent Iannelli, M.D.

Similac Recall Lot Numbers

By September 23, 2010

Although we still don't have the Similac recall lot numbers, an official from Abbott has said that all lots of Similac branded powder in the rectangular, plastic tubs are part of the recall. These are the larger 1.38-lb (22-oz), 1.45-lb (23.2-oz), and 2.12-lb (34-oz) tubs of Similac formula and seem to include the following products:

• Similac Advance
  • Similac Advance EarlyShield
  • Similac Sensitive
  • Similac Isomil Advance
  • Similac Sensitive Isomil Soy
  • Similac Organic
  • Similac Organic and Similac Advance Organic
  • Similac Sensitive R.S.
  • Similac Sensitive for Spit-Up
  • Similac Go & Grow
  • Similac Go & Grow EarlyShield
  • Similac Go & Grow Soy

We have now posted the full list of Similac recall lot numbers for parents to search. Check to see if your Similac formula has been recalled.

Keep in mind that the Similac recall may include the smaller 8-oz cans that parents often get as samples from doctor's offices and hospitals.

Similac formula that is not part of the Similac recall includes:

• all liquid forms of Similac formula
  • all concentrated forms of Similac formula
  • small size powder forms of Similac formula (0.6-oz singles)
  • Similac Expert Care Alimentum
  • Similac Expert Care Neosure
  • Elecare
  • Similac Human Milk Fortifier

Although any recall of an infant product is concerning, please keep in mind that the FDA has determined that this recall 'poses no immediate health risk' to kids who drank the recalled formula. The recall was prompted because Abbott 'detected the remote possibility of the presence of a small common beetle in the product produced in one production area in a single manufacturing facility.'

If you have formula with one of the Similac recall lot numbers you should stop using it and either find one that hasn't been recalled, temporarily switch to a small size powder (0.6-oz singles), ready-to-feed, or concentrated Similac formula, or temporarily switch to another brand of formula. You can also return the recalled Similac formula to Abbott or the place of purchase for a refund.

Comments
September 23, 2010 at 8:48 am
(1) Amanda says:

Thank you very much for this article. It was by far the most informative that I have read thus far. Actually, it had more information that the Similac website itself. Thank you again for caring about the consumers. Keep up the great work!!

September 23, 2010 at 8:58 am
(2) hazel says:

Dr. vincent
thank you for the information.you do care for a frantic mother
looking for answers .my son has been on similac since he was born and is still on similac go and grow.you can just imagine my worry when i heared about the recall and can’t get answers from abbot.

September 23, 2010 at 9:11 am
(3) Amanda says:

We switched our sons formula a couple weeks ago b/c he was crying with stomach pains and arching his back after feedings. I will be checking the lot #’s…If I can EVER get into their website. It’s been down since last night. Plus, what about all the formula that was arleady used? It’s not like anyone saves the old containers!!

September 23, 2010 at 9:13 am
(4) Chantal says:

(Moderator’s Edit – These are just three of many many lot numbers that may be in the recall)

Here are thee lot numbers that are recalled:

91496T20
90426T20
92583T20

September 23, 2010 at 9:19 am
(5) Angela says:

I just wanted to add that there are more than just the three lot numbers affected than the ones Chantal left. I have two cans affected and they are on her list.

September 23, 2010 at 9:19 am
(6) rules says:

Thanks for putting the lot #’s Chantal, the similac website is not working for me to look them up.

September 23, 2010 at 9:20 am
(7) Bea says:

Thank you for the great article. The grocery store that I usually buy my formula form still had the affected lot numbers. They said they received a list from the manufacturer and none of their powders were affected. I then went on line and showed them that all the lots were affected. They still kept them on the shelf!!! How frustrating to hear this just when you are about to give your baby her milk! Thanks Dr. Vincent. How come the single powder packets are not affected if all the other powders are?

September 23, 2010 at 9:21 am
(8) Daddy says:

What about tubs we used and threw away and my child has had to see a gastro doc about 2 weeks ago because he became very ill with sever diaherra

September 23, 2010 at 9:21 am
(9) Megan says:

Add lot# 87841T20 to the list.

September 23, 2010 at 9:22 am
(10) Debbie says:

Thankyou! This is ridiculous! You call and they tell you to go online and then it does not load. They do not even put you on hold! They just hang up on you!!! LUCKILY i breastfeed to. What are the parents doing whose babies are strictly formula??!?!?!? Some babies it is really hard to just switch formula on them, if they cannot use the similac?!?!? (a note to me from my daughter at frist time mommy with a 5 month old.) Way to treat the consumer, Abbott.

September 23, 2010 at 9:22 am
(11) cheryl says:

Thanks for the update, I have a preemie and cannot get through on website of 800 #.

September 23, 2010 at 9:23 am
(12) amber says:

Wow. now what are we suppose to feed our babies? After having my child on this for 8 motnhs I find that it will be hard to change her to a different formula.

September 23, 2010 at 9:27 am
(13) Abbie says:

I am getting really frustrated!! I cannot get thru to see if my sons formula got recalled. I have been tryin to call the number and its been busy since last night and i have tried looking it up online and the website is still down too!! How did you guys get thru? I am not a happy person right now!!! This is all bs as it is! I dont care if they say it isnt a health factor or whatever…i dont want my baby eating bugs!! GROSS!!

September 23, 2010 at 9:30 am
(14) Nikki says:

Are these all the lot numbers? Aren’t there anymore?

September 23, 2010 at 9:32 am
(15) Amanda says:

Also, what about all the Similac formula that we previously used? I mean, who saves containers? My son was on it for about 1.5 months and I had to then switch it b/c he was having problems with stomach pains and going to the bathroom…

September 23, 2010 at 9:34 am
(16) Holly says:

Thank you so much for this post… my baby is now 2 weeks old and has been having a whole lot of stomache issues… atleast now i know why he was in so much pain and things wouldnt agree with him… we had to switch him to soy formula but a different brand thank god…. because we couldnt figure out the problem…

September 23, 2010 at 9:36 am
(17) shalla says:

can anyone tell me if 91542T20 is on the recall list please.

September 23, 2010 at 9:36 am
(18) Tammy says:

Unfortunately, I have not been able to check my lot numbers. The telephone line listed is either busy and or gives an automatic message indicating to check the website. I have tried pulling up the website forthe last two days and the website will not pull up.

September 23, 2010 at 9:37 am
(19) CASEY says:

i have alimentum fast colic releif . i know thats not on the list but i wanna check neway bc i have like 7 cans . ive been tryin to get on the website since lastnight n been tryin to call the 800 number i cant get through for NOTHIN if someone could help n look up the numbers for me thx . my LOT # is .
88025T30 1146
88077T30 2146
88077T30 2148
88081T30 1306
88077T30 2143

IF YOU FIND NE OF THESE PLZ EMAIL ME THAT ITS ON THE LIST SO I CAN TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE . MY DAUGHTER ALREADY HAS REFLUX SO SHE ALREADY HAS PROBLEMS HOLDIN DOWN HER FORMULA ITS GOTTEN ALOT BETTER BUT THESE LAST 2 WKS THEY HAVE GOTTEN WORSE AGAIN N I DIDNT KNOW WHY .

September 23, 2010 at 9:37 am
(20) tiffany says:

I still can’t get through on onthe web. I redialed repeatedly for a 1/2 hour to get through on the phone……and finally, between home & the babysitters, we have 3 contaminated containers. Not happy. I rely on Similac to give my baby nutrittion that I am not able to give. We chose Similac thinking it would be “top of the line”. I wouldn’t dare use off brand though many friends have with no problems. Very upsetting & confusing for a first time mommy! When will it be safe to use? What are the chances of it happening again?

September 23, 2010 at 9:38 am
(21) Christine says:

I am frustrated as well..can’t get onto the website and you call and they hang up on you!! They’re saying not to wait for the lot numbers and just get rid of the stuff you have??? Now what do I feed my child who has been on Similac since he was born and 4 months old now????!!!! Do I dare switch him to a new kind of formula that may give him stomach problems since he’s not use to it??!!!

September 23, 2010 at 9:38 am
(22) Nikki says:

Call your pediatrician the can give you more info

September 23, 2010 at 9:39 am
(23) CONCERNED PARENT says:

ThANKS COULD NEVER LOG ON TO WEBSITE, SIMILAC SHOULD RELEASE LOT NUMBERS IN THE MEDIA!!!!

September 23, 2010 at 9:40 am
(24) Jen says:

This is ridiculous, if Similac is going to have a recall then give the consumers the information they need. I have been trying to load the recall numbers on the computer and nothing comes up! Are we all supposed to switch formulas now? What is their answer to this problem, we need formula for our children.

September 23, 2010 at 9:42 am
(25) Courtney says:

Thank you for the information!!!!!!

September 23, 2010 at 9:43 am
(26) Dawn says:

My grandson is on Similac and here are more lot numbers that I got from the recall website.
87932T20
88117T26
78208T20
88136T20
90372T20
These are for 8oz.. 12.4oz., and 12.9oz., cans. And it stated that ALL the rectangular Tubs (1.38lb., 1.45lb., and 2.12lb) are recalled.

September 23, 2010 at 9:46 am
(27) LATOYA says:

MINE WAS RECALLED 88166T20….IM SWITCHING TO ENFAMIL IMMEDIATELY!

September 23, 2010 at 9:47 am
(28) cessyd says:

I really appreciate the info from about.com! Especially at a time when other sites and lines are impossible to get on (similac.com). What a nightmare for mom’s who have no other options! I stopped nursing 3 months ago and my baby has a dairy allergy. There are not many options and this is the ONLY formula she will take. She won’t even smell the enfamil brand. Who could blame her! Time to wait on hold with the pediatrician and pray they have an answer before nap time is over….

September 23, 2010 at 9:49 am
(29) Derek says:

This is stupid..you’d think they could provide us with a list of the recall lot #’s. Instead they just say enter your lot # and we’ll tell you if its recalled..Been using it for 6 months now. very frustrated.

September 23, 2010 at 9:50 am
(30) Jessie says:

My 6 week old has been very fussy lately.she crystal for no reason during and after eating and has a hard time going to the bathroom.looks like I know the arson now.just wish I could get on the website to check the lot number on her formula.why put up a website if it’s not going to work?! This is horrible!

September 23, 2010 at 9:52 am
(31) Lisa says:

The Similac website is very frustrating to get through to…I however did find out the below Lot number is recalled.

Lot Number: 91435T20

Hope this helps!

September 23, 2010 at 9:52 am
(32) me says:

I was told that ALL tubs ending in T20 are affected. And they don’t hang up on you, they just put you on “hold” but don’t tell you… if you stay there waiting someone ultimately picks up. They were very helpful. I went and boght the liquid formula last night… Maybe you guys can buy Probiotics and give to your babies. I give probiotics to my son and even though he was eating the “bugs” he didn’t show signs of stomach discomfort.

September 23, 2010 at 9:54 am
(33) jessie says:

my local news station komo 4 in washington claims they have the lot numbers displayed on their website but only post a demo of where to find them. similiac 800 number just hangs up on you and their website is down or overwhelmed. being a network engineer this is not only unprofessinal but unnecessary…their company could have simply setup mirror sites for customers and expanded the 800 number, this is simply poor customer service involving children and careing parents, im very very disippointed.

September 23, 2010 at 9:55 am
(34) cindy says:

I have another number to add
87880T20
I tried for 30 minutes to load the similac page and mine was on the recall list….can I use the 4oz liquid similac instead? I know it shouldn’t be exposed to light or heat and mines been sitting out since I had my baby 5 months ago. What to do!

September 23, 2010 at 9:56 am

18. 86580 T20

19. 88137T20

20. 90372T20

Hope this helps!

September 23, 2010 at 9:57 am
(37) AJUDGE says:

I just found this site that has listed atleast 20 of the Lot # recalled which is the best I have found so far!! Thank you all for your comments, they have been very helpful..I can’t believe Abbott claims to have a website or hotline, when I have not been able to get through for hours!!!

September 23, 2010 at 10:00 am
(38) Robyn says:

Hey parents! I can’t get to the site on my computer but I can on my phone. For those of you who can’t get to the site either, feel free to email me and I will check your lot number for you! my email comes straight to my phone so the reply should be pretty fast with the exception of the similac site loading incredibly slow – I think it’s just overloaded with viewers lately. I’m glad to help anyone who needs it, lets not feed our babies bugs! EWE!
robynjoy05@hotmail.com

September 23, 2010 at 10:01 am
(39) Derek says:

It says for fast replacement take it to where you bought it….replacement? are they going to replace it with another tub of similac that i now dont want to use. Is the only way to get my money back by returning to abbott?

September 23, 2010 at 10:03 am
(40) heather says:

I am beyond frustrated!I been trying to see if my 3 month old daughter formula has been recalled!!!!I been trying since yesterday and still have not been able to get on the site.They need to post the number on the tv all day also have a number where a recording can tell u the lot number would also be helpful!This is a big deal they act like its not your child is eating bugs thats gross and who knows what kind of germs those bugs are carrying!!!

September 23, 2010 at 10:03 am
(41) Angie says:

This is horrible- I got on the website saw that my formula was recalled but when I tried to get on the link to see what other formula was ok to give my 6 month old, it wouldn’t open! I tried to call but it was a recording, and I thought I was on hold and then I got hung up on several times! Very disappointed Mother!

September 23, 2010 at 10:09 am
(42) Derek says:

Has anyone tried to take their formula back to the store for a refund? do they refund or give you another similac that we obviously dont want to use?

September 23, 2010 at 10:10 am
(43) Angela says:

This is very frustrating to know this has happened. My son has been having problems with his digestive system for approximately 4 months. How in the world do they expect us to enter lot numbers when the containers have been disgarded? How long have this been known to the company before they released the information to the public?

September 23, 2010 at 10:11 am
(44) robin says:

I just got through on the 1800 #. i just kept hitting redail till i got through. my two plastic canisters are being recalled here are the #
91574T20
90340T20
if your lot #’s are being recalled you can either go to the store where you purchased it from and they will give you a refund or they can send you a fedex package and you can mail it back to them. this will take a few weeks
I am doing both. I am having the fedex sent to me just in case they give me trouble in the store.
Just keep trying the # you will get through

September 23, 2010 at 10:13 am
(45) kk says:

This is just CRAP i cant get any one on the phone line AND the web site isnt working! How the hell are we supose to find out if the Formula we bought are affected??????

September 23, 2010 at 10:13 am
(46) Vivi says:

This # is also recalled….
90347T20

September 23, 2010 at 10:15 am
(47) Dom says:

Our daughter has been having bowel and stomach issues ever since we switched from breast milk to Similac Advanced. Intially, her pediatrician told us to be patient because it would take a little time for her body to adjust to the formula, which sounds reasonable, but every doctor’s visit we found ourselves complaining of the same bowel and stomach ailments. Her pediatrician recommended adding more water to her formula, giving her diluted prune juice, change from rice cereal to oatmeal etc, all of which changed nothing!! So we came to the conclusion it was just our baby’s stomach. NOW, news breaks that the formula we have been feeding our child for 6 months could possibly be the cause of her problems. How can they possibly now when this began when the only reason they performed an investigation was the concerning results of consumer reports spawning from God knows when. This producing cans with valid recall lot numbers is bogus, there is no counting how many recalled cans we have purchased, used and recylced. I think with valid medical records, we the parents and our children are entitled to more than just a simple refund. The long nights spent tending to a fussy child, the pain our BABIES felt trying to digest INSECTS, sleep deprivation, missed hours of work for doctors appointments, gas (not cheap), mylicon, STRESS!! etc, shouldn’t these things account for something?

September 23, 2010 at 10:15 am
(48) Melissa says:

You can take your containers back to where you bought and get a store credit. We used it to buy Enfamil. The liquid formula was not affected if you want to stay with Similac.

September 23, 2010 at 10:18 am
(49) Linda says:

can anyone tell me if 91917RE 199 0959 similac advance 12.4 is recalled…just wanna be sure.plus who do we contact if i is IF its a WIC product? my email is wvsinner88@yahoo.com

September 23, 2010 at 10:19 am
(50) Margo says:

Add Lot 85330RB1605 to the list

September 23, 2010 at 10:26 am
(51) Ana says:

Does anyone know if lot #90374T20 is on the list?

Please let me know…I have been trying all morning to see the list on the Abbott website and can’t get any information. I called my daughters pediatrician and he has recommened I buy her the liquid similac formula.

September 23, 2010 at 10:28 am
(52) Linda Kronenwetter says:

No wonder they were so nice when my husband called about the larvae and eggs we found in a new canister we opened for my granddaughter on Friday night! They never mentioned a recall, just said they would send a new canister, coupons for future purchases, and a shipping label to return the contaminated canister! My four month hold granddaughter has had gas pains and constipation and we have had to give her Mylacon to help and suppositories, no wonder!

September 23, 2010 at 10:30 am
(53) Paula says:

My daughter uses Similac Go and Grow powder formula 22 oz. (1.37 LB) plastic container…lot # 86805T21…does anyone know for sure if this is on the Similac recall list??

September 23, 2010 at 10:35 am
(54) Amber says:

Use this website — type your lot numbers in and it till tell you whether or not it has been recalled.

Hope this helps some..

September 23, 2010 at 10:36 am
(55) Frustrated!! says:

It just amazes me how ignorant some people are, if you TAKE THE TIME to READ the article you will know that ALL plastic tubs of formula are recalled, you DO NOT need to WASTE your time trying to get through to the website or 800#, just return the product to where you purchased and they will give you a refund or replacement (whatever the store policy may be).

ALSO, it says in the article (IF YOU TOOK THE TIME TO READ IT) that all liquid forms, the formula from concentrate (which is also liquid), and the singles are NOT part of the recall and is OK to give to you baby, so there is NO need to stress out over ANSWERED questions on what formula would be ok to give to your child.

I am a fist time mother as well, who had been giving her child this ‘tanted’ formula and i understand it is very frustrating that we can not count on a company to provide us with only the best for our child but stressing out and complaining about it isnt going to help, expecially when a lot of the ‘questions’ in the previous comments were answered in the article!

September 23, 2010 at 10:37 am
(56) Amy says:

Wal mart has a brand called first choice that has the same ingredients as similac so it will be easy for your baby to switch. i switched this morning and my 5 month old son didn’t react at all even though he was on similac since he was born.

September 23, 2010 at 10:44 am
(57) PK says:

Here are some other lot numbers on recall.
82871T2 90371T20 88100T20
90373T20 87927T20 79533T22

September 23, 2010 at 10:46 am
(58) Andi says:

Is it true all plastic containers are recalled? Ive found alot of lot numbers people have posted and so far my two containers are ok.

September 23, 2010 at 10:47 am
(59) shane says:

how about lot #88838re6

September 23, 2010 at 10:48 am
(60) Melina says:

All plastic containers are part of the recall!!!! The article does state that!

September 23, 2010 at 10:54 am
(61) Candi says:

Add Lot # 86596T20
34 oz Tub of Similac Advance

September 23, 2010 at 10:55 am
(62) Jeff says:

Add these lot #’s:

91575T20

90376T20

If you are having trouble getting on Similac site, try the following link to go straight to the lot# input page:

September 23, 2010 at 10:56 am
(63) Nyiaka says:

As I wa looking around for recalls #s I stumbled onto these @ http://www.nowpublic.com/health/infant-formula-recall-2010-similac-recall-abbott-labs-2677378.html … The follow lot #s were the ones being recalled:
87932T20
88117T26
78208T2
88136T20
91433t20
90372T20

September 23, 2010 at 10:59 am
(64) Janey says:

how about lot# 86894RE6 and 88185RE6.

September 23, 2010 at 11:04 am
(65) Bobbi says:

Hey everyone I have a tub of similac sensitive.My lot # is 90333T20 but I see on some lists it has phone numbers.The # on mine is 800-515-7677 I cant get throught to anyone please help….Thanks

September 23, 2010 at 11:07 am
(66) Momof 2 says:

I have had the same issues as most of you…wondering why my son all of a sudden lost his appetite in the last week or so…thank goodness he didn’t have any severe stomach pains or he didn’t seem to anyway. How disgusting to find out it was because of beetles. I also had the same issues trying to call the 1-800 # or get on the website. But after doing some detailed searching and with the help of so many of you out there concerned for all of our babies…I have compiled a list of every lot number that I could find based on what other moms and doctors have posted. Hope this helps some of you and I will continue to post more if I happen to come upon anymore. Sorry if there are any duplicates but I tried to delete any that were repetitive. Here you go:

90372T20
85454 T2
86580 T20
88137T20
90372T20

September 23, 2010 at 11:09 am
(67) Liz says:

I have been trying to get through the website to check the lot number 90315T20 but no success. If anyone knows if this lot number is one of the ones recalled please let me know. Thanks for your help. Similac has done nothing to inform us parents! not a very happy mommy right now.

September 23, 2010 at 11:12 am
(68) amanda says:

I just found out about this recall. Can this recall cause diarrhea? I have a two month old son who is on similac sensitive soy. He started to have diarrhea since monday at 6 pm. I took him to the ER tues night and they said it was a virus, he isnt vomiting or have a fever. He eats just now as much as he was. But now I am wondering if its this recall. I dont have the cans t check the lot #’s anymore we were finished with them on tues and I throw them away.

September 23, 2010 at 11:14 am
(69) Niki says:

I think by changing your childs formula that can cause more harm. The liquid form is still okay so you should get that. I also think that it is very disapointing that a company of this size would aloud this to happen. Why are they not checking more carefully, theses are babies and small children?! Some of us are unable to breast feed and have to buy formual.

September 23, 2010 at 11:14 am
(70) butrcupluv says:

Our son was arching back and screaming after eating last month as well. Also we had realized that the Isomil Advance had changed packaging and was similar to the Milk based similac sensitive. We thought maybe the discomfort was due our mistaken purchase….but what if it was a combination? I’m annoyed.

September 23, 2010 at 11:14 am
(71) Justin says:

92582T20 (2+ lb container from SAMs Club) is recalled.

September 23, 2010 at 11:22 am
(72) Danni says:

These lot #’s on 12.9 oz containers are NOT apart of the recall for Similac Advance- Early Sheild

85743RE
85740RE

September 23, 2010 at 11:26 am
(73) ladickey says:

i have a super healthy 2 & 1/2 mo baby boy (until night before last) in the hospital with gastro problems and cant hold a thing in (either end, nor his IV as he keeps taking it out as well)poor lil guy or any of y’alls sure did not deserve this what are the “educated professionals” saying we can do to treat this?
by the way Lot # 85336T2 is a recall hit

September 23, 2010 at 11:27 am
(74) Melissa says:

I was told at a local grocery store that all with RB printed on have been recalled & any with RE are fine for now.

September 23, 2010 at 11:28 am
(75) Pavan says:

87882T20
89238T20

September 23, 2010 at 11:29 am
(76) Rob says:

Just got through to the 800 number. It took a few re-dials, but once the phone rang, I was only on hold for a few minutes. Found out that most of my 12.9 ounce are not on the recall. Only ones that are, have a T** number on the end. Hope this helps some.

September 23, 2010 at 11:33 am
(77) Celinda says:

This is like the lottery in reverse. I’m holding my breath hoping my numbers are NOT on the list! I am so mad at Similac for how they are treating all of us concerned mothers! I am glad for all your post sharing recalled numbers.

September 23, 2010 at 11:39 am
(78) kelly says:

does anyone know any other numbers besides the 3 that are posted? Has anyone got into that website?

September 23, 2010 at 11:39 am
(79) Amanda says:

I just entered my lot number and it is recalled, but it’s not listed in any of the lists above so MAKE SURE that you check w/ Abbott even if your number isn’t on some lists. my number was 88165T20

September 23, 2010 at 11:43 am
(80) TJ says:

To all you parents. Just to give you a sense of relief you can use Similac’s Pre-mix. I’m a first time mother and have been using similac since our daughter was born. We then switched to go & grow (all powder forms). I have been on the phone all morning with our daughters ped. and they told us to switch her to the pre-mix. The only thing I would suggest is that if you do go to the pre-mix, you might want to dilute it. It has a tendency to cause diarrhea at full strength.

September 23, 2010 at 11:51 am
(81) Marti says:

My daughter found out two plastic tub containers she had been using (1 upstairs, 1 down) were part of the recall. 6-month old grandson has been having constipation issues, but I doubt they were from the similac. Come on people – get a grip…do you know how many bug parts are allowed in the food we eat?

September 23, 2010 at 11:52 am
(82) renee says:

I called Walgreens where I bought my formula and they had a recall list, I read the number to the manager and he was able to tell me that my formula had been recalled. The lot numbers on my two containers that are recalled are 91492T20 and 89312T20. My suggestion is to call the retailer where you purchased the formula they should have a list. Hope this helps.

September 23, 2010 at 11:53 am
(83) Butch says:

Folks, can we hold off on our righteous indignation at the moment.

The company has announced a voluntary recall of the product.

I am sure that they are experiencing unprecedented call volumes as well as web hits. The phones are most likely ringing off the hook and the servers are being overloaded.

No one could afford or predict the necessary equipment to have the IT infrastructure in place to handle this kind of volume.

For the moment let’s all share the information in regards to lot numbers involved and keep the bile for a forum more suited to rants.

My 3 week old Granddaughter is in the hospital right now awaiting test results from blood work and cultures.

Is her difficulty the result of the formula that she has been on for the last 2 weeks?
I don’t know and I do not care to speculate.

I look forward to useful and meaningful information being posted soon.

September 23, 2010 at 11:55 am
(84) freak3dot says:

87009T20 is recalled

September 23, 2010 at 11:55 am
(85) Torry says:

what about 87884T20?

September 23, 2010 at 12:03 pm
(86) Regina says:

add 90315T20 and 8542872

September 23, 2010 at 12:03 pm
(87) Stephanie says:

Lot numbers 90393T26 and lot number 91430T26 also recalled, finally got through to Similac website….My son has been using this formula, anyone know the effects of using the contaminated containers?

September 23, 2010 at 12:05 pm
(88) Michelle says:

I just checked the website and found out that the 23.2 oz Similac Sensitive R.S plastic container with lot # 79496T2 is on the recall list.

September 23, 2010 at 12:06 pm
(89) amber says:

is 88046T20 Recalled?

September 23, 2010 at 12:10 pm
(90) Cassi says:

Just finally got through on the 800 number. Lot number 86771RB6 has been recalled. The following ones have NOT:

86587RB6
90678RE6
88348RE6
89471RE6

When I called,I only waited on hold for about 2mins.

September 23, 2010 at 12:13 pm
(91) Sebrina says:

This website has provided the best information by far! Information was available immediately, which was very helpful for parents that have small children…Keep up the great work Dr. Iannelli!!!!

September 23, 2010 at 12:17 pm
(92) KRISTIN says:

I JUST CALLED AND THE LADY TOLD ME THAT ALL CANS ENDING IN “RE6″ HAVE NOT BEEN RECALLED

September 23, 2010 at 12:25 pm
(93) brenda says:

I cant believe they act like this is no big deal. My 6 month old baby has been using this formula since she was 2 mths and has had stomach issues. I would like to know how long this has been going on and what they plan on doing for all the previous purchases that the containers have been recycled. Unfortunatly not all mothers can breastfeed so we rely on billion dollar companies to produce safe and healthy formula

September 23, 2010 at 12:30 pm
(94) Tyanna says:

i also just got through on the 800 number, I was only on hold for about 6 minutes.
Product # 90396T20 IS recalled

they told me that all you can return it to the retailer that you bought it at with no issues even if it is open and without a receipt. Also, they said that the liquid is unaffected.

September 23, 2010 at 12:32 pm
(95) Ruth says:

Does anyone know if 90374T20 has been recalled? This was bought at Costco.

September 23, 2010 at 12:35 pm
(96) Sarah C says:

i checked mine and lot #90659RE6 is NOT recalled! the website runs sparodiacally so keep trying.. it took me about 2 hours and several re-loads to get it to work, just be patient

September 23, 2010 at 12:41 pm
(97) amanda says:

i just called and lot # 89242T20 was recall it was brought at pathmark in Kearny, NJ. My poor once healthy son is in pain and cant I stop the diarrhea since monday. Dr. says as long as he isnt dehydrated we have to let this pass. Dont these company know what they are doing to these poor babies. Sorry had to vent.

September 23, 2010 at 12:52 pm
(98) jands says:

not recalled sim advance es 12.4

89484re6 140 2236

89550re6 152 1353

September 23, 2010 at 12:56 pm
(99) Tina says:

Can anyone pls look up lot numbers:
92158RE
91916RE
90665RE7

I have check all the lot numbers listed and these can numbers are not posted they are Similac advance 124oz cans. I’m currently on vacation in mexico so the Similac web site is the only place I can check and it will not come up. Thanks for you help!!

September 23, 2010 at 12:57 pm
(100) Misty says:

I hope everyone on this site will do what I did. Go to Abbott.com click contact us and fill out the form on the right. Let them know what they are doing is not up to your satisfaction. I told them their website is down their phone line is not working and what they should do is put their money where their mouth is and up all the lot numbers on a site where people can look it up and know what to do. this is unethical that they tell you to call or go to their site but it is so overloaded no one is getting valid informtion. We are parents need to know what to do and what to do now. I also told them that the faith that I had in their product and their company is failing because of a lack of valid information put out by them. Don’t just recall and have that go out on the news list exactly what lot number and then give a number for people to call with further question. I would take a few people typing on their part instead of a million calls that don’t get answered on our. Abbott is not living up to what they say right now. they have failed.

September 23, 2010 at 12:59 pm
(101) Bianca says:

Lot #91455T20 was recalled and it isn’t one of those is the cans. It is one that is 1.45LB tub, Similac Sensitive.

My 5month old son has been a little more fussy lately and I thought it might just be gas. Now I know it could also be this recall!

People are saying that you can still use the liquid but I’m switching to a different brand immediately. It’s not worth the risk.
Poor babies :(

September 23, 2010 at 1:06 pm
(102) Danica says:

Has it been confirmed by Abbott that the Similac Advance .61 oz singles packets are NOT included in the recall? I have 1.45lb plastic tubs, which seem to be included, but also have a case of the singles. Since the Similac site and phone lines are down, I’m trying to make sure the singles are safe to feed my baby. Thanks!

September 23, 2010 at 1:15 pm
(103) annoyed says:

This happens to everything. Go look up how many bug guts are in your chocolates. Quit complaining. Switch formulas or wait til it blows over. Wal-Marts brand parents choice is the same as similac. Maybe you should have breast fed huh? You should quit pitching and read and listen. ALL plastic containers. ALL OF THEM. Switch to parents choice. It’s cheaper.

September 23, 2010 at 1:16 pm
(104) Meredith says:

I’m not sure if someone else has already posted this phone number, but just in case they haven’t, I got directly through to Abbott Labs at 847-937-6100 and only waited about 3 minutes to talk to an actual human being. Turns out my supply of formula IS on the recall list. No surprise for me since my 5 month old daughter has been puking for 3 days now and has never thrown up before now. I am so mad and grossed out and worried!

September 23, 2010 at 1:28 pm
(105) Mad Mama says:

Thank you all for sharing the info you’ve found. I received a couple of sample cans of Similac Sensitive from the pediatrician’s office, which are on the recall list….it’s Lot #78208T2.

September 23, 2010 at 1:33 pm
(106) Amanda DeJong says:

Is 88117RE6 095 0525 recalled? Does anyone know?

September 23, 2010 at 1:36 pm
(107) Sarah says:

My tub has been recalled. My son would fight with me to drink his bottle. I couldn’t figure out why he didn’t want to eat it! My tub lot # is 91480T20 it wasn’t on any of the lists but I finally was able to find it on the recall website.

September 23, 2010 at 1:40 pm
(108) Doug says:

After about 24 hours of trying, I was finally able to get through the website.

92660t20 is recalled

sorry…that’s the only one I checked.

September 23, 2010 at 1:47 pm
(109) Natalie says:

Thanks to everyone who has posted recalled lot numbers. I was able to determine that my containers are included in the recall. Who knows how long it would have taken me to get this info directly from Similac! For all the parents who are worried that their kids are going to get sick from eating the recalled formula – my son has consumed 1 2/3 of the big 2.12lb containers and has been just fine. Hopefully your kids will be fine too, and I hope the little ones who ARE sick from the formula get well soon.

September 23, 2010 at 1:58 pm
(110) gizmo says:

I tried the website whole morning and with no luck. I have collected all the lot numbers from message board and here is the list of recall lot number. Hope it is helpful:

8427172
91574T20
91575T20
92582T20
92583T20
92586T20
92660t20
all with RB printed on have been recalled

September 23, 2010 at 1:59 pm
(111) Concerned_Mom says:

It took me several tries to get to the recall website and then I had to click on the “enter your lot #” option and waited another 5 mintues, entered my lot number only to have the site crash because it was too busy. Why can’t they just give us a list of the # and distribute this to other forms of media!?!?!?! The people who are handling this are not very smart.

September 23, 2010 at 2:03 pm
(112) Dad to Twins says:

Thanks for the info: I am guessing that FEMA must be running Abbott labs at this point given the quality of info they are providing their customers.

September 23, 2010 at 2:07 pm
(113) Shana says:

I called Costco and they said to bring it back that all of theirs was affected. The number was 90396T20. Luckily, my little girl hasn’t shown any signs of discomfort. I haven’t decided what I want to do if we will switch or not. This could happen with Enfamil as well. The cause is lazy, sorry people who don’t do their job correctly. We are the ones who suffer and this time it’s our babies and young children who didn’t do anything to deserve this.

September 23, 2010 at 2:23 pm
(114) monet says:

any one with lot # 88120RE6 not recalled

September 23, 2010 at 2:27 pm
(115) Sara says:

91487T20 and 90374T20 have also been recalled. I called the hot-line at 1-800-986-8850 and got through within 30 seconds. My baby consumed a lot of the recalled product and she’s been sick since the weekend.

September 23, 2010 at 2:31 pm
(116) CoreyW says:

I just called the number that works the best.

Abbott Labs at 847-937-6100 Press 0 and you will get right through to the operator who will connect you to the department assistance for recalled numbers.

The story is there was a beetle in the mixture of 5 million dry powder cans. Beetle’s carry diseases and possible other things could have happened so they are killing all batches in result of this contact.

The liquid formula should be okay according to them.

The bad news is the lists that are provided here and everywhere on the internet are wrong. DO NOT TRUST THEM because there is many more out there of the batches that aren’t posted.

I found 2 batches not posted on any website that are 100% bad batches.

88196RB6
86793RB6

If you call they will ask you for your address and send you a FedEx box so you can send back the formula and they will reimburse you by check at retail price.

One last thing I thought was important. The lady said that the symptoms with the two babies I was experiencing are matching up with other babies that took the bad formula.
The two children have been vomiting slightly and had upset stomach type of symptoms.

Please call yourself and get your name and address on the list so they can send you out the FedEx box as it is the easiest way to return and find out 100% if your formula is bad.

Corey

September 23, 2010 at 2:40 pm
(117) Tricia says:

I just called daycare and told them not to feed my 6 month old daughter her next bottle until I run to BRU and get some Enfamil. She had a GI Bug last Wednesday and hasn’t wanted to eat much since. We are on the mend but I wonder if drinking her formula made it worse?? I don’t know but we are switching as of now. I buy my Similac at BJ’s and they were all recalled.

September 23, 2010 at 2:52 pm
(118) Geeta says:

Hi –
I just called the hotline and my numbers have been recalled too. Here are my lot numbers:
88135T20
91574T20

September 23, 2010 at 3:13 pm
(119) Francine says:

I’ve been trying all morning to get information on this recall, managed to FINALLY get the information that I needed off of the website. Patience is a virtue sometimes.

One out of the 3 products that I checked was recalled which are:

88045T20 RECALLED
86835RE SAFE
87011RE SAFE

The one that was recalled was the 1.45lbs rectangular shaped containers. Hope this helps!

September 23, 2010 at 3:21 pm
(120) lorena says:

lot # 91542T20 HAS been recalled!!!! I just checked on the similac web site after 4 hours of waiting!!

September 23, 2010 at 3:23 pm
(121) Brianne says:

This site has a PDF document with a 38-page comprehensive list of all recalled lot numbers.

September 23, 2010 at 3:26 pm
(122) Carol says:

I just now found out the two lot numbers I have are also on the recall list:

91544T20 and
91571T20

September 23, 2010 at 3:26 pm
(123) Christina says:

I finally got through on the website. My Similac Advance in the 1.45lb rectangle container IS ON THE RECALL LIST. The lot # is 88113T20.

September 23, 2010 at 3:32 pm
(124) Jeana says:

I was finally able to access Similac’s website and put in my lot numbers. The site told me that non of them were recalled. I then found a 38 page listing from Abbott with all lot numbers affected and found that two of mine were affected.

Go to this website and download the PDF file with all lot numbers, not the PDF that allows you to put in your lot numbers:

Or, you can email me and I will look for your lot numbers at:
jeanawhitlock@yahoo.com

September 23, 2010 at 3:33 pm
(125) Marcus Mom says:

Thank you Brianne, I could downloaded the complete list from Similac

September 23, 2010 at 4:02 pm
(126) Janet says:

Here is one I had that was recalled:
83225RB
Also here are more numbers to get through

(847)937-6100
(847)935-8865***
(847)935-3456

September 23, 2010 at 4:05 pm
(127) Laura-Jane says:

Go to similac.com
They have a pdf list of all the recalled items. It’s an extensive list. Far more than have been listed her.

September 23, 2010 at 4:30 pm
(128) Tina says:

THIS NUMBER WORKS!!!!!

I just called the information left by Coreyw and it worked AWESOME!!!!847-937-6100 Press 0 and got the operator told her I needed to check recalled numbers, got them all checked. Thanks CoreyW.

Lucky for me NONE of my cans were recalled:
NOT RECALLED #
91916RE
90665RE7
92158RE

September 23, 2010 at 6:00 pm
(129) Mallory says:

I work at a grocery store and had to personally go through our entire stock of powder formula this morning to get the recalled items out. The plastic tubs are definitely recalled and should be returned to where you purchased them. The cans of concentrate have a code on the bottom that has numbers and letters. If it has RB in that code take it back to the store so they can exchange it for one which is not part of the recall.

September 23, 2010 at 6:40 pm
(130) Dawn says:

i found a can of formula that had a bug in it i was giving my son this was before i knew about the recall i figured my husband just left the lid open and something fell in it so i took it out and kept using the formula hes had diarrhea and a bit fussy but nothing major i hope he will be ok im watching to make sure he doesnt get sick

September 23, 2010 at 6:43 pm
(131) Ava says:

Thank for the numbers, so far.
Two weeks ago our granddaughter had to be seen by her pediatrician because of persistent stomach pain followed by diarreha. Now we are all concerned that it was caused by the Similac.

September 23, 2010 at 7:55 pm
(132) MamaStuet says:

My daughter is 5 months old and I switched over to Similac at 2 months, and it turned out the 2 containers she drank recently were on the recall list. Sams club gave us a full refund. Her pediatrician told us that we all eat bugs whether in our sleep or on our garden veggies and to just watch her to see if she is eating less or has become very tired or just sluggish that persists for a few days. If so then to bring her in. Other than that, just keep an eye on her and she will be ok

September 23, 2010 at 8:12 pm
(133) Similac Team says:

If you’re having trouble getting through to our Similac recall consumer hotline, we have added a new, additional phone # you can use: 888-376-2054. Please give us a call, 24/7. We’d like to hear from you!

We also know that there are still some difficulties with the Similac recall website (http://similac.com/recall). We’ve heard requests for a lot number lookup, and it is here – you can search for your lot number in the PDF list here: http://abbott.vo.llnwd.net/o18/similac/sms/pdf/similac-recall-lot-numbers.pdf . Once you get this information, if you are at all concerned, please give us a call. ~Similac Team

September 23, 2010 at 9:06 pm
(134) Samia says:

Lot # 90341T20 can be added to the list

September 23, 2010 at 9:19 pm
(135) Ronnie says:

I just called 847-937-6100 and got thru with no problems Thank God! my cans were not Recalled.
#91911RE

September 24, 2010 at 11:49 am
(136) FoodSafety.gov says:

FDA has a complete list of recalled formula, along with a search page that lets you search by product name, package size, and lot number.

Complete list (PDF format): http://go.usa.gov/xdf

Search page: http://go.usa.gov/xpH

September 24, 2010 at 2:46 pm
(137) Sherryl says:

This just goes to show that NO artificial formula can replace good old mom’s milk! Breastmilk is beetle-free, cost-free and worry free. Even adoptive mother’s have been able to produce their own breastmilk!

P.S. WHY WORRY ABOUT BEETLES; APPROVED INGREDIENTS THAT ARE ALWAYS IN FORMULA INCLUDE; ALGAE, WORMS AND DEPRESSION/SLEEP INDUCING AIDS…WHO WOULD FEED THIS TO A BABY????!!!! (don’t have to believe me…google the “scientific” names found on the can, you will be amazed at what you find.)

September 24, 2010 at 5:02 pm
(138) Valerina says:

Sherryl, you might also be amazed by what’s in breastmilk:

“When we nurse our babies,… We also feed them, albeit in minuscule amounts, paint thinners, dry-cleaning fluids, wood preservatives, toilet deodorizers, cosmetic additives, gasoline byproducts, rocket fuel, termite poisons, fungicides and flame retardants.”

September 24, 2010 at 6:27 pm
(139) Nancy says:

I stopped breast feeding at 5 1/2 months and the moment she went on Similac formula she has has terrible digestion with constipation and projectile vomiting. Doctor said it probably has nothing to do with the formula yet she would projectile vomited out of her body the moment she finished the bottle. We had to have her upper GI tract Xrayed at 10 months old with a barium swallow. NICE. FUN. She is turning 1 tomorrow and had been weening her for a couple of weeks onto cows milk. Since she has been on 100% cows milk she hasn’t vomited and she has been pooping twice a day. Seriously, this is sooo messed up that our kids have been drinking bug parts. We should all have a major reimbursement settlement. This is wrong.

September 24, 2010 at 9:37 pm
(140) Mygirl says:

They say the recall posses “no immediate health risk”. Does that mean that it will not affect them right now but possibly in the long term? I am totally disgusted!!! They should take the “#1 Brand” right out of the hospitals and off of their product labels all together. GROSS!

September 27, 2010 at 1:40 am
(141) krissie says:

what about

88320RE6 112 0545?

November 14, 2012 at 3:46 am
(142) yamile calles says:

My son just finished a tub odds similar sensitive out the trash on Monday hence no bottle tl prove he took it… he has been throwing up and lost his appetite for weeks now. I recently changed to baby’s choice sensitivity formula but plan to contact an attorney. Money can be replaced but if my premie baby ggetting sick because of negligence I’m one furious mommie… I have all sorts of credit card receipts for my purchases

December 28, 2013 at 10:49 pm
(143) CDM says:

Where is the lot number listed on a can??