Born with Blue now Hazel at 15 months
- My son was born with light blue eyes. Around 6 months they turned light green. At around a year they turned hazel and now at 15 months they are still hazel-looking. They are brown mostly, but bright green if he cries or if he is in the sunlight. I still wonder if they will be fully brown in another year. My husband and I both have brown eyes, but each strongly carry the blue eyed gene. Hazel eyes run on my dads side too, so who knows...
- —Guest mammaliz
Brown eyed parents, blue eyed daughter
- My husband and I both have brown eyes. Our daughter was born with the most amazing dark blue eyes that gradually got lighter. At the age of 5, they are still a steel blue. We just had a little boy and would love to know what color his eyes will be as they seem to change every day - sometimes they are really blue, sometimes gray and other days they look brown.
- —Guest Fee
- My son was born with light blue eyes. They didn't change to the dark brown color that he has now until he was 3 YEARS old. We were surprised when they changed!
- —Guest gamelia
My son's eyes
- My twins were both born with really dark blue eyes, but after a few days they started changing to a striking steel blue. They've stayed that color in my daughter, but my son's eyes have started turning green at 12 months.
- —Guest Tzofi
- I have a son who is 2 and 1/2 months old and his eyes are starting to get a lighter and brighter blue. My husband has blue eyes and my mom has blue eyes, but I have hazel-green eyes. In pictures, my eyes were blue until I was 2! My husband is color blind and one of his eyes is darker than the other!
- My own eyes were blue, started to turn sort of a bluish gray, then turned into a bluish green when I was about six or seven years old. They became more of a solid green when I was 22 years old. I just felt like sharing, because I think that's odd and no one else posted anything like that.
- —Guest Ash
eye color changes
- Both of my girls had dark gray/blue eyes at birth. They gradually changed to a very dark brown / almost black color, which have continued to lighten into their early adult years...they both have those intense, mysterious dark eyes that still glint with mischief. Lol! My granddaughter was born 9 days ago to the oldest of my brown-eyed girls. I had always believed that every newborn had either blue or gray (or some combination thereof) at birth. Much to my surprise, she was born with brown eyes. Not a tiny hint of gray or blue. I felt this was unusual, but interesting. Has anyone ever had this experience or know someone who has? Strange, but true. ;)
- —Guest Bren
- Never. Both of my kids were born with blue eyes and they stayed that way.
- —Guest KC
Rebuttal: incorrect info
- Our first son had slate gray eyes at birth, and 16 months later he has really light, icy blue eyes. Eyes absolutely get lighter, no matter what experts say...
- —Guest Paul b
Baby's Eye Color
- Evie is only six weeks old, but is already getting spots and flecks of brown in her eyes. They were blue at birth, then darkened to a greenish gray after a week or two. I think she will end up with brown eyes, as we both have dark eyes.
Baby's Eyes Changing Color
- My son was born with bright blue eyes that changed 3 days after he was born to a grayish blue. I'm wondering if he's going to have brown or maybe green eyes ,or if they will stay this color.
- —Guest New Momtoson
Eye Color Change
- All of my sons were born with gray eyes that then changed to a beautiful light brown, except for my 5 month old. He looks like he is getting his daddy's eyes, which are hazel!!! I have light brown eyes. His eyes are so beautiful right now - hopefully they wont change . He had a very beautiful light gray color for a while, but it seems like they can changes so quickly.
- —Guest kRYSTAL
When did your baby's eyes change color?
- Our daughter had blue eyes until she was 14 months old, when they turned green. Within a couple of more months they turned a golden brown, a lovely color that she still has at 26 years of age!
- —Guest Sara
- My daughter Giselle was born with blue eyes. She's two now and her eyes are green/hazel. I have brown eyes and my husband's are green/hazel. We just had a boy and he was born with blue eyes, but he's six months old now and they are turning green already. I don't know if they'll keep changing...
- —Guest Michelle G.
- Our daughter was born with very dark blue/grey eyes. She is now 16 months and her eyes are just a lighter version of what they were at birth (a steel blue). The weird thing is, her daddy and I both have Hazel eyes! I wonder if they can still change?
- —Guest Tiffany