Eye color changes
- Both my daughters were born with dark brown eyes. There was never any blue or gray to their eye color and their eyes are only slightly lighter as adults.
- —Guest Firstimegrandma
- Our oldest son was born with murky dark blue eyes that changed at six weeks to a clear deep blue, and then changed to a bright green at 3 years old. (he is now 16) Our second son born was born with the same dark blue eyes, that then changed at about 1 year to a clear steel blue (he is now 14) Our daughter was born with chocolate brown eyes, and they stayed brown. My husband has green eyes. Mine are a yellow brown hazel (Yuck!)
- —Guest Guest April
- My sister was born with blazing blue eyes like my Grandma Mary and as she got older they became grey-green until she was about twenty, when they became hazel.
- —Guest Michelle
Dark blue/gray eyes
- My son is almost 6 months old and his eyes are a dark blue/gray color. I love them!!! But mine and the father's are both brown. I hope they stay this way, but I'm still like ???
- —Guest Courtney
Blue to Black Eyes
- My little girl was born with grayish blue eyes. At age 1, we were convinced they were hazel-greenish amber. She is 2 and now they are dark brown, almost black!!
- —Guest dad
Born with Blue now Hazel at 15 months
- My son was born with light blue eyes. Around 6 months they turned light green. At around a year they turned hazel and now at 15 months they are still hazel-looking. They are brown mostly, but bright green if he cries or if he is in the sunlight. I still wonder if they will be fully brown in another year. My husband and I both have brown eyes, but each strongly carry the blue eyed gene. Hazel eyes run on my dads side too, so who knows...
- —Guest mammaliz
Brown eyed parents, blue eyed daughter
- My husband and I both have brown eyes. Our daughter was born with the most amazing dark blue eyes that gradually got lighter. At the age of 5, they are still a steel blue. We just had a little boy and would love to know what color his eyes will be as they seem to change every day - sometimes they are really blue, sometimes gray and other days they look brown.
- —Guest Fee
- My son was born with light blue eyes. They didn't change to the dark brown color that he has now until he was 3 YEARS old. We were surprised when they changed!
- —Guest gamelia
My son's eyes
- My twins were both born with really dark blue eyes, but after a few days they started changing to a striking steel blue. They've stayed that color in my daughter, but my son's eyes have started turning green at 12 months.
- —Guest Tzofi
- I have a son who is 2 and 1/2 months old and his eyes are starting to get a lighter and brighter blue. My husband has blue eyes and my mom has blue eyes, but I have hazel-green eyes. In pictures, my eyes were blue until I was 2! My husband is color blind and one of his eyes is darker than the other!
- My own eyes were blue, started to turn sort of a bluish gray, then turned into a bluish green when I was about six or seven years old. They became more of a solid green when I was 22 years old. I just felt like sharing, because I think that's odd and no one else posted anything like that.
- —Guest Ash
eye color changes
- Both of my girls had dark gray/blue eyes at birth. They gradually changed to a very dark brown / almost black color, which have continued to lighten into their early adult years...they both have those intense, mysterious dark eyes that still glint with mischief. Lol! My granddaughter was born 9 days ago to the oldest of my brown-eyed girls. I had always believed that every newborn had either blue or gray (or some combination thereof) at birth. Much to my surprise, she was born with brown eyes. Not a tiny hint of gray or blue. I felt this was unusual, but interesting. Has anyone ever had this experience or know someone who has? Strange, but true. ;)
- —Guest Bren
- Never. Both of my kids were born with blue eyes and they stayed that way.
- —Guest KC
Rebuttal: incorrect info
- Our first son had slate gray eyes at birth, and 16 months later he has really light, icy blue eyes. Eyes absolutely get lighter, no matter what experts say...
- —Guest Paul b
Baby's Eye Color
- Evie is only six weeks old, but is already getting spots and flecks of brown in her eyes. They were blue at birth, then darkened to a greenish gray after a week or two. I think she will end up with brown eyes, as we both have dark eyes.