To get the most of these visits, write down any questions you may have for your pediatrician before the visit so that you don't forget them. This Infant Well Child Checklist can also help you prepare for your baby's checkups.
At the two-month checkup, you can expect:
- A complete physical exam with special attention to your baby's hips to check for developmental hip dysplasia.
- An examination of your infant's growth and development.
- A review of feeding and sleep schedules.
- Measurement of his height, weight and head circumference.
- Counseling for injury prevention.
- Immunizations: DTaP, HepB, Hib, IPV, Prevnar, RotaTeq.