A. One simple thing might be to just try a different medication or a different flavor of the same fever reducer. For example, Tylenol Infants' drops comes in different flavors, including grape and cherry.
There are also different forms of Tylenol, in addition to the oral suspension and concentrated drops, including:
- FeverAll suppository form of Acetaminophen, which can be given to infants over 3 months of age
- Tylenol Meltaways for children over age 2 years
A lukewarm sponge bath might also help to lower her temperature.
Things to avoid include:
- using rubbing alcohol or cold water in a sponge bath
- giving your child aspirin - because of the risk of Reye Syndrome
- overdressing her or using heavy blankets