Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 English muffin
- A handful (about 1/3 cup) of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 sliced tomato or 2 Tablespoons of tomato/pizza sauce
- Pepperoni or other toppings (optional)
Top your 'pizza' with a few pepperoni slices or other favorite pizza toppings.
Place your completed 'pizza' on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet in an oven preheated to 350 F or in a toaster oven.
Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how crispy your child likes his pizza, or until the cheese is a golden brown color.
Healthy English Muffin Pizza Recipe IdeasAn English muffin pizza can be a good way to get some extra fiber, calcium (from the cheese), and veggies, into your child's diet.
- use whole grain English muffins
- use several vegetable (mushrooms, peppers, onions) and fruit (like a pineapple English muffin pizza) toppings
- use part-skim mozzarella cheese to decrease the amount of fat in this recipe
Parent-Friendly English Muffin Pizza Recipe IdeasIn addition to making the above 'kid friendly' English muffin pizzas, you can make another version that is more 'adult friendly' and better tasting.
- use fresh mozzarella, instead of processed cheese
- use home made tomato sauce or fresh sliced tomatoes
- add fresh basil leaves
Alternative Recipe IngredientsAlthough some kids seem stuck in food fads and like to eat the same things day after day, others need more variety in their diet. The following ingredient changes can help keep your child interested in wanting to eat an English muffin pizza:
- use a sliced bagel instead of an English muffin
- use a different cheese, or even more than one cheese at a time, instead of the more traditional mozzarella cheese