MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) infections can be difficult to treat and serious -- even deadly -- so it's very important to try and prevent these common skin infections.
Thankfully, prevention is relatively easy -- frequent handwashing and keeping cuts and scrapes covered both help keep MRSA from spreading. Still, it's important to remind children to do these things.
These educational materials can help educate and remind children, including older children and athletes, how to help protect themselves from the MRSA bacteria:
- MRSA Educational Materials - educational posters from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Let's Talk About ...MRSA - general information about preventing MRSA, including a poster, brochure, and video.
- MRSA Information - information about MRSA for parents, day care providers, athletic departments, and children, including a staph crossword puzzle, Power Point presentations, health photos, and posters.
- Basic Hygiene Guidelines - Basic Hygiene Guidelines for the Prevention of Staphylococcal Infections in Schools
- Educational Materials on MRSA - school posters and guides for athletes and coaches on preventing the spread of MRSA