Here are some plant safety tips:
- Know the name of every plant in and around your home. Find out which ones are poisonous.
- If you have houseplants, put them out of reach. Store seeds and bulbs where your child cannot get them.
- Remember that holiday plants can be poisonous. These include mistletoe, holly and poinsettia.
- Encourage your baby to smell flowers and leaves. But don't let her put them in her mouth.
- Don't eat wild plants, especially mushrooms.
- Don't make whistles, toys, garlands or wreaths from unknown plants.
- Learn to identify poison oak and poison ivy. Don't touch the leaves, stems, or roots.
View more Infant Parenting Tips.