World Health Day:
World Health Day 2012:
The topic of this year's World Health Day is "Ageing and health," with the theme that "Good health adds life to years." The WHO is focusing on "how good health throughout life can help older men and women lead full and productive lives and be a resource for their families and communities."
You can help the WHO observe World Health Day on:
And watch the World Health Day 2012 video.
Previous World Health Day themes included:
- 2011 - Antimicrobial resistance: no action today no cure tomorrow
- 2010 - Urbanization and health
- 2009 - Save lives. Make hospitals safe in emergencies
- 2008 - Protecting health from climate change
- 2007 - International health security
- 2006 - Working together for health
- 2005 - make every mother and child count
- 2004 - road safety
- 2003 - shape the future of life
- 2002 - move for health
- 2001 - mental health: stop exclusion, dare to care
These are all health challenges that have global impact. On World Health Day, everyone has "an opportunity to start collective action to protect people's health and well-being."