Taking Your Child to your PediatricianAt the six year checkup, you can expect:
- An examination of your preschooler's growth and development.
- A review of feeding and sleep schedules.
- Measurement of his height, weight and blood pressure.
- Counseling for injury prevention, dental health, and a proper diet.
- Immunizations: DTaP, IPV, Varivax (if your child hasn't had chickenpox), and MMR boosters (if not already given at the four or five year checkup).
- Screening test: vision test and hearing test.
For more information:
- Immunization Schedule
- Medical Advice
- How do I protect my kids from lead poisoning?
- When To Call Your Pediatrician for a Fever
More Topics for Your Six Year Old: