In this week's Saturday Safety Roundup, stories of:
- a 6-year-old in Toms River, New Jersey who died after he was unintentionally shot in the head by his 4-year-old neighbor with a .22 caliber rifle he had gotten from his home.
- a 4-year-old in Lebanon, Tennessee who unintentionally shot and killed a women with a loaded gun that was left on a bed during a family cookout as the guns were being shown to other family members.
- a 13-year-old in Lincoln, Nebraska who died when her hair became entangled in the engine components of the ATV she was riding, causing it to crash.
- a 13-year-old in Summitville, Ohio who died when the ATV she was riding flipped over.
- a 12-year-old in Brighton, Colorado who died when the new ATV she was riding on crashed.
- a 2-year-old in Tampa Bay, Florida who had both of her feet cut off at the ankle when her father unintentionally ran her over with a riding lawnmower.
- a 4-year-old in Texarkana, Texas who lost three fingers and suffered a severe leg injury while trying to jump on a moving lawn mower as his sister was mowing the lawn.
- a 4-year-old who nearly drowned on the Disney Fantasy cruise ship and who has been transferred to St. Paul Children's Hospital for further care.
- a 3-year-old in Savannah, Georgia who drowned in a backyard swimming pool.
- a 6-year-old in St. Henry, Ohio who is in critical condition after being struck by a pickup truck whole trying to cross the street on a two-wheel scooter.
- an 11-year-old in Silverthorne, Colorado who died after he was ejected from the pickup truck he was riding in during a one vehicle crash in the snow.
- a 3-year-old in Halifax County, Virginia who died when she fell out of a Bobcat she was riding in with her father while they were hauling wood and was run over.
- a 14-year-old in Irene, South Dakota who died in a farm accident after he ended up underneath the bucket of a skidloader he had been riding in.
- a 6-year-old and a 7-year-old in Lincoln County, North Carolina who died after they became buried under about 20 feet of dirt after a wall collapsed at a home construction site.
- a 2-year-old in Peņitas, Texas who died when his father unintentionally ran over him as he backed out of his driveway.
- a 16-year-old in Butler, Indiana who died in a dirt bike crash at the Tri-State Motorcycle Club.
- a 3-year-old in Farr West, Utah who died after she became strangled by the rope of a swing after her father had let her go outside to play for about 5 minutes.
Keep your kids safe. Not all, but many of these types of accidents can be prevented.