In this week's Saturday Safety Roundup, stories of:
- a 3-year-old in Lubbock, Texas who died after being run over by a pickup truck that was backing out of parking lot.
- a 4-year-old in Jackson, Mississippi who had her foot severed after she was hit by a school bus as she got off a smaller school bus.
- an 11-year-old in Shawnee, Oklahoma who was shot in the abdomen by her 12-year-old brother, as the two played with a loaded, small-caliber handgun.
- a 13-year-old in Homestead, Florida who died after she was shot by a 15-year-old on a school bus as he passed a loaded .40 caliber handgun that he had taken from his home around to other students on the bus.
- a 3-year-old in Port Charlotte, Florida who died after he shot himself with an unsecured, semi-automatic pistol that he found in his house.
- a 1-year-old in Midwest City, Oklahoma who suffered burns on half of his body after spilling a pot of boiling water on top of himself.
- a 2-year-old in Killeen, Texas who is in critical condition after falling into a backyard pool where she had been left alone as her mother went into their house for a "short period of time."
- a 17-year-old in Independence, New York who died while riding on an ATV which ran off the round and into a ravine after the 16-year-old driver was unable to negotiate a curve.
- a 7-year-old in Salisbury, North Carolina who died on Thanksgiving Day when the ATV he was driving flipped, seriously injuring an 11-year-old passenger.
Keep your kids safe. Not all, but many of these types of accidents can be prevented.