In this week's Saturday Safety Roundup, there are stories of:
- a 3-month-old in Yadkinville, North Carolina who died of head injuries after being attacked by the family dog.
- a 13-year-old in Riverview, Florida who died after getting hit by an SUV while running across the street to catch her bus to school.
- a 15-year-old in Denver Township, Michigan who was seriously injured and required surgery after he was unintentionally shot in the leg while hunting deer in an elevated hunting blind.
- a 12-year-old in Iola, Texas who died when the ATV he was driving rolled over.
- a 10-year-old in Danville, New Hampshire who is in serious condition after the ATV she was riding on with a 9-year-old friend hit a large rock and rolled over.
- a 2-year-old in Huntington, New York who drowned in a pond at a local park that he was visiting with his father.
- a 16-year-old in Orange City, Florida who died after he unintentionally shot himself in the eye while showing a silver Taurus .38-caliber revolver to his friends
- a 2-year-old in Delmar, Delaware who died when his aunt lost control of her car and he was partially ejected from the car because his car seat was no properly secured.
- a 14-year-old in Huntsville, Alabama who died after getting hit by a train while he was walking on the train tracks. He was likely wearing headphones.
- three children and their father in Orrington, Maine who died in a house fire that was caused by empty cardboard pizza boxes stored too close to a wood-burning stove in a home that may not have had working smoke alarms.
- three children and an adult in Lake City, Iowa who died in a house fire which a police officer noticed while patrolling a few blocks away.
Keep your kids safe. Not all, but many of these types of accidents can be prevented.