In this week's Saturday Safety Roundup, stories of:
- a 19-month-old in Slatington, Pennsylvania who died in his crib after he was shot in the forehead by his mother as she was trying to unload a gun.
- a 14-year-old in Freeman Spur, Illinois who died after she was unintentionally shot by a family member.
- a 9-year-old in Marshall County, Mississippi who was seriously injured after being attacked by a pit bull and was airlifted to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis to treat her wounds.
- two toddlers in Mansfield, Ohio who are in critical condition after being attacked by their aunt's three Rottweilers while they all went for a walk together.
- a 14-year-old in Crafton, Pennsylvania who was burned in an explosion in his home that may have occurred when he was using oxygen from his father's tank to try and make a hat float.
- a 3-year-old in East Texas who suffered third degree burns on his torso, chest, and arms after his shirt caught on fire while he was playing with matches he found in his grandfather's room.
- a 7-year-old in Columbia, South Carolina who died when he was hit by a pick-up truck as he left a group of children and ran into the roadway.
- a 6-year-old in Las Vegas, Nevada who was critically injured when he was hit by a pick-up truck he rode his bike out between two parked cars in an apartment complex parking lot.
- a 5-year-old in Hosford, Florida who is in critical condition after the ATV he was driving hit an oak tree.
- a 4-year-old in Silver Spring, Maryland who is in serious condition after falling from the ninth-floor window of an apartment building.
- a 7-year-old in Christiana, Pennsylvania who died after he fell in a grain wagon and became buried in grain on his family's farm.
Keep your kids safe. Not all, but many of these types of accidents can be prevented.