In this week's Saturday Safety Roundup, stories of:
- a 2-year-old in Branford, Connecticut who died after he fell off a small bulldozer
- a 4-year-old in Spring Park, Minnesota who is in critical condition after falling from the third floor of his apartment through the screen of an open window
- an 18-month-old in Billings, Montana who suffered severe burns in after items in a closet caught fire melted and landed on her and 4 other children. They had been playing with a lighter.
- a 5-year-old in Prince George's County, Maryland who died in a house fire which also severely burned her 15-year-old brother and her father.
- a 2-year-old in Spokane, Washington who lost several toes and suffered severe trauma to her legs after she was run over by a riding lawn mower
- a 10-year-old in Las Vegas, Nevada who died after he inadvertently shot himself in the head
- a 4-year-old in Shin Pond, Maine who died when his small ATV tumbled backward on top of him while he tried to ride up an incline.
- a 9-year-old in Butler County, Alabama who died when the ATV he was riding on with her ex-stepfather drove off a dirt embankment and tumbled over.
And as in most weeks over the summer, there have been many, many drownings in pools, lakes, and ponds, etc.
Keep your kids safe. Not all, but many of these types of accidents can be prevented.