Spring is here and that means spring cleaning for many of us.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission wants you to add looking for recently recalled products to your spring cleaning checklist.
According to the CPSC, "Warm weather means kids are playing outside and families are firing up their grills and working on the lawn. Before you use spring-related products this season, check to see if they have been recalled. It could save your family's lives."
Some recently recalled items that you may have at home include the:
- Adventure Playsets Wooden Swing Sets
- Pacific Cycle Dartmouth Swing Sets
- Slalom Glider
- Uni-O Portable LP Gas Grills
- Westinghouse Ceiling Fans
- Pourable Gel Fuel
- Kiddieland Toys Fairies Plastic Racing Trikes
- Build-A-Bear Swimwear Set With Inflatable Inner Tube
- American Honda Grass Trimmers
This reminder from the CPSC highlights an important problem. Unfortunately, many recalled products never actually get removed from the homes of the families that have them. This means that kids can remain at risk from known hazards, which could be eliminated by avoiding, replacing, or fixing the product.
So be on the alert for recalls and fix or get rid of unsafe products to keep your kids safe.