1. Health
Vincent Iannelli, M.D.

New Report on Effects of Synthetic Marijuana

By March 19, 2012

Although it has been available since 2006, synthetic marijuana has just recently been growing in popularity in the last few years.

Synthetic marijuana or fake weed was sold as a legal alternative to marijuana, although it is usually just marketed as incense and not a marijuana like product. Another misleading point is that these products, sold under brands names such as Spice, K2, Blaze, Black Mamba, and Red X Dawn, are not as natural as they are made to seem. While these products are mostly made up of a variety of dried plant and herbal materials, they are also sprayed with a synthetic cannabinoid substance that mimics the effects of the THC, the primary psychoactive component in real marijuana.

Unfortunately, as more teens have been using synthetic marijuana, reports to hospitals and poison control centers have been increasing.

A new report that will appear in the April issue of Pediatrics, "Clinical Presentation of Intoxication Due to Synthetic Cannabinoids," describes three teens with signs and symptoms of synthetic marijuana intoxication, including:

• a 16-year-old who developed altered mental status who had been smoking marijuana containing K2 and ended up overnight in the hospital in a catatonic state
  • an 18-year-old who became agitated, diaphoretic, and aggressive after smoking Spice
  • a 16-year-old who developed altered mental status after smoking Spice

These aren't isolated episodes though.

The American Association of Poison Control Centers has received at least 4,500 calls involving toxic synthetic marijuana reactions since 2010.

Symptoms of smoking or oral ingestion of synthetic marijuana can include paranoia, agitation, intense hallucinations, anxiety, convulsions, serotonin syndrome (is also sometimes caused when taking multiple medications that raise serotonin, including some migraine medications and antidepressants) , and dystonic reactions (spasms or involuntary muscle contractions). Teens may also develop hypertension, palpitations, tachycardia, anxiety, and irritability because of other chemicals that are used to make these drugs, including beta-1 agonists.

Although the symptoms of these toxic reactions are usually short acting and self-limiting, there is potential for multiple long-term effects, including memory loss, psychiatric complications, and addiction.

Have your kids tried Spice or another brand of synthetic marijuana? It is estimated that about 11% of high school seniors have tried it already, despite moves to make them illegal. New state laws are banning variants of the original synthetic marijuana drugs, as they were sometimes reformulated to get around these types of laws.

Talk to your kids about fake weed. It is not a safe high. This is not a legal high. It isn't something they should be trying.

Related:
Drug Testing and Drug Screening
Effects of Synthetic Marijuana or 'Fake Weed' Unknown
The History of Synthetic Marijuana
Teens Are Using Synthetic Marijuana to Get High

Comments
March 24, 2012 at 12:25 am
(1) unanamious says:

i smoked this stuff about ten times with no side effects at all then the next time i smoked it same stuff same pack bought from the same place i had a massive anxiety attack,palpaitions,and hypertension this attacks lasted about nine weeks then the attacks quit its been five months since then i still have palpaitions,and anxiety dont know if it will ever go away

March 28, 2012 at 1:45 am
(2) lars says:

I have tried this stuff before…

I really can’t speak toward the research that hasn’t been done, but if this stuff turns out to not be as bad as people have been making it out to be…I might keep using it.

Because this stuff has been somewhat ‘legal’ in some states, many kids are finding ways to get it, and when kids get something new that’s going to get them ‘high’ they will smoke a lot of it.

People who haven’t smoked marijuana before, will be in for quite a surprise when using this stuff. It is a very intense feeling at the beginning, after exhaling, you will feel the effects within 30 seconds to a minute. Some of the most profound (and usually least desireable) effects normally happen within the first 5 to 10 minutes after consumption. Many subjects will show signs of anxiety, hallucinations, and mood swings within the first few minutes. This can be very troubling for individuals who have little or no experience with any type of drugs.

Which I believe is another issue, people are using this product thinking, “it’s legal, it can’t be that bad,” but in reality, this stuff seems much more potent than the regular old cannabis. From some of the research I’ve done, depending on which chemicals your particular package contains, it can be up to ten times as strong as regular THC.

If you were to try this stuff, and I do not recommend it until further research shows it’s short and long term health effects on humans, please don’t consume it in great quantities.

April 7, 2012 at 12:43 pm
(3) Mark says:

The problem here is that synthetic weed gained popularity because it is/was a legal form of weed. I don’t understand why they simply don’t legalize the actual product while maintaining strict standards for distributiors. That would completely derail these synthetic products hitting the markets and their unknown health risks.

April 7, 2012 at 2:50 pm
(4) Vincent Iannelli, MD says:

But why was it legal? Not because it was safe or anything, but because they would keep changing the active ingredient to evade the weak laws that had not kept up with things like this.

May 14, 2012 at 10:01 pm
(5) Ashton Lowery says:

I Am 14 I smoked Weed and I thought it was cool and it was bad but it was known as fake weed. I didnt know I was right there when they rolled it but i smoked and afterward I felt all paranoid and short of breath. They called the ambulance and I felt better when I got there. 3 weeks later I got startled and went to the doctor and they said everything was fine. I Took a drug test and everything was fine they said it was clean but fake weed doesn’t show on a regular drug test so you half to go to the doctor and take a blood drug test and it will show you . But after they said I was fine frieday. , Saterday , Sunday , Monday I had attacks and short of breath the doctor said take deep breaths and calm down she said everything’s going to be alright and it felt like I ain’t never seen my hands and other people so it lasted for 4 days straight I feel better each day But if you’re reading this and having the same symptoms you should see a doctor but every thing is going to be alright and just go see a doctor to make sure but I’m fine and I thank god for that but see you later.

July 28, 2012 at 7:11 pm
(6) joshua says:

i smoked this on two occasions. the first time i tried it i experienced the high and enjoyed it. i smoked it from a pipe to escape my reality. i also did use a gravity bing which gave me no recollection of the rest of that day which is not good. i ended up a few weeks later getting rashes all over my legs and torso while being itchy all over. i stopped for a few months and through life troubles, (girl) i did it once more. i fell asleep after a while but woke up in the middle of the night to intense pains in my chest as it throbbed with each heartbeat, i thought it would go away but after a few minutes the pain became intense and i started to lose focus. i got out of bed and vomited onto the ground before falling over holding onto my chest. i believed i was having a heart attack and called 911. i got up and woke my roommate to tell him something was happening to me. after that i lost all of my balance and fell to the ground. i started blacking out and i truly believed i was dying as i saw my life flash before my eyes. i was conscious long enough to see the paramedics come in and take me on a stretcher and thats when i passed out.
it turns out i was having an anxiety attack amplified by the synthetic marijuana and i later found out that it could have killed me. some people have died from what i went through. i posted this because nobody should go through this. this was in early january and my chest still gives me pains to this day, even today. not even mentioning the mental aspect of it and how the rest of the family will react. imagine your mother receiving a call saying your sun is in the ER and is having heart problems from smoking drugs. i was old it took me 3 or 4 hours to give the correct number to the nurse.
^^^ none of that should happen to anybody. this should be made illegal. it has scarred me for life

July 29, 2012 at 12:06 pm
(7) carter says:

i smoke it everyday… 3 hits at a time. if i smoke more then that i begin to feel extremely messed up. like smoking mushrooms then eating xctasy. i wouldnt recomend it… but im on probation and and its the only kind of relaxation im allowed to consume. it is much more dangerous then most illegal drugs. How many people have died from smoking marijuana?

July 31, 2012 at 2:19 pm
(8) sick says:

I smoked this stuff for a year straight. Never more than a pinch hitter at a time. By the end of a year I went from an occasional user to a 3g a day user, every hour. I recently quit and have been going throught the worst withdrawls imaginable. I have lost 10 pounds in a week and have unbearable anxiety.
My advice is to quit now!! Slow it dwn to less than a gram a day before u quit. Go to the doctor and get some xanax for the first few days. Force yourself to eat and drink gatorade all day. It’s been 4 days and it’s 20% better.

August 8, 2012 at 3:03 am
(9) turbo says:

Hello idk what kind youll buy or brand u get but they took all that crazy stuff off the shelfif u abuse anything its ur fault people with addictive personalitys should know better i have been smoking for 1 yr now no side effects yet and this is why i think i have never smoked anything till i was 22 nothing i tried spice first before weed spice doesn’t put me in lazy mood like weed i cant get high on weed now but check this out all those symptoms youll having only my friends who smoke weed before trying spice gets completely non functional so idk i smoke spice because it does not smell as stong not high as long not tired after weed makes u lazy and u get nada done i smoke a blunt and run 5 miles a day i smoke 6-10g day

August 9, 2012 at 8:07 pm
(10) Tracy says:

Turbo
I hope u decide to give up using. I have seen first hand what the effects are as well as read many horror stories. I know u may think it doesn’t effect u but I’m curious if those who know u would have a different view. I have watched it destroy a teen as well as a 40yr old man while I watched helplessly. Please don’t destroy your life and the lives of people who love u. There is a much better way of life!

August 19, 2012 at 8:34 pm
(11) Smoker says:

I switched to synthetics because they’re easier to get. Been using for a couple of years but today I’m too afraid. It hit me hard, not in a good way, and not in the brain, but rather I felt like there was a wave of contractions going through my body, starting at the knees and slowrly rising to the neck. It felt like a bulldozer was slowly running me over in the span of 5 minutes and when the wave reached my neck it felt like all the muscles inside were ripping and popping bubbles. I was completely conscious and I’ve never had anythign like this before from any substance. My stomach still hurts after 10 hours, and my ribs feel weird too, I suspect it’s due to the muscles in the abdomen.

I like to get high in the privacy of my own home while I work on the PC, and I’m not interested in trying heavier things, but this episode made me fear for my life. I’ll be having a talk with my local shopkeeper about this particular brand of synths and my experience because I don’t want anyone else to go through what happened to me.

If you must get high, stick to the natural stuff. I seriously question the mental health of goverment officials who keep tobacco and alcohol legal yet demonize pot. I wonder how the world would be if it were the other way around. Thank you for taking the time to read my comment, please think of the people who love you before you destroy youself with these uncontrolled and unverified substance. Be safe.

September 5, 2012 at 6:26 am
(12) Cc says:

Hey if you wanna solve this spice problem in the united states, then legalize marijuana and no one will ever buy that stuff.

I smoked spice for six months because I couldn’t smoke weed. I know many people who are in that situation now. Because people get arrested for smoking a completely harmless product, such as marijuana, they are somehow fooled in believing spice isn’t so bad when in reality it is much more similar to crack/cocaine or meth than it is similar to marijuana.

The solution: legalize marijuana!!

I do not recommend ever smoking spice, it’s a bad idea. Smoke that good stuff, that sticky icky, gooey ooey stuff. Smoke that fire, that bomb bomb, that green!

September 6, 2012 at 5:39 pm
(13) Stacie says:

Ive smoked this stuff for about 2 years now and I’ve had okay experiences and really horrible ones. Last week my sister smoked and I walked into the kitchen and she didn’t look good so I called her name, she didn’t respond. She fell to the ground and dropped the glass from her hand and it shattered on the floor. I yelled her name but she wouldn’t respond to me. Minutes later she woke up and didn’t remember anything that happened, she said that everything went black. About a year ago I smoked it and everything began to look distorted and my sister kept yelling but I couldn’t respond to her, I’d try but nothing would come out. She told me that I started vomiting on myself and I passed out. Ive smoked plenty of times and had nothing bad at all happen, but there have been times that made me realize how serious this stuff is. You don’t know what it’s doing to your brain, you don’t know what its doing to your body, we don’t know the long term effects. Years from now those of us who smoked legal could just drop dead… It hasn’t been tested on anyone. It’s dangerous. I believe that if weed was legalized, people wouldn’t turn to this. The only reason people smoke this is because it doesn’t show up on drug tests. If you haven’t tried it, don’t.

November 5, 2012 at 3:04 pm
(14) tc says:

My husband and i smoked it for a year. Finally decided to put it down after getting in some serious debt from it. It was the hardest thing to quit but we succeeded. We didn’t realize what it was doing to us until we put it down. Looking back, it caused a lot of problems. We see it now, but when your on it, your so addicted, all you think about is that next bag. I am now turning in the stores that sell it to help those who don’t realize they need help. Its taken too many lives so far.

January 11, 2013 at 1:44 am
(15) notimportant says:

I smoked what is called atomic bomb. I am a 18 yr old female. I took two hits I held it in for about 15 seconds each and I shortly after started to freak out my body went numb an I was scared out of my mind for my life. After bout 30 minutes of trying to calm myself down my head started to hurt I was steadily talking to myself. This was the first and last time I will ever do that!!!!!!!!!! I am still experiencing weird feelings in my head. Such as pressure in my ears. And headache. All I could do was pray to god. I didn’t die BC everytime I would let myself dose off it felt like i was never going to wake up.

January 11, 2013 at 11:40 am
(16) jimmy says:

I just had what my sister and brother in law desc as a seizure from one hit of “skooby snacks”…just started smoking this stuff a few days ago,took 2 hits the first time and got very paranoid so I thought I could just take one hit and wow just had the feeling that I was too high,my sister says that I was white as a sheet and I got sick and I remember that I couldn’t move and I also threw up…they also said that I passminute…I am almost 50 years old and am no stranger to hard drugs…I have never had a reaction like this to any drug

February 7, 2013 at 10:38 am
(17) james says:

I smoked “burning angel” held the smoke in for 8sec smoked a bowl of it. Not even 10min after my heart was racing for its life. I thought I was havering a heart attack my body was on fire I could hear the burning I thought I was going to die. The next morning I felt like I wasn’t my self like I wasnt sober at all I felt weird. A day and half I feel sick pressure in the back of my head, stomach aches over all my body is weak tired.

February 15, 2013 at 7:34 am
(18) RandallBrougham says:

in 2011 i was using krazy jack potpourri and ace king and whenever i would run out i had suicidal thoughts and urges to run the streets and commit felonies.i ended up having an episode with black sabbath to where i literally seen every word i ever heard in a brick like manner just moving so fast and every word i thought of would flash orange. i had to repeat my name and social security and my address so i wouldnt lose my sanity. i then quit by switching back to mother natures finest until the laws pinched me and gave me a 1/2 yr bid. that was august 2012 so i started smoking again but this time diablo gold and hysteria black deathgrip ect. the strong stuff. i couldnt go 15 minutes without being high or i was profusely throwing up and dry heaving. here in my city they just passed the law on feb 14th that all potpourri would be outlawed in my city limits, i quit on the 11th knowing they were going to take it off the shelves and i went thru hell. i had to ask many people to support me and pray for me but i stuck thru it and detoxed myself, sure i used the help of marijuana but my addiction problem was the “legal”. and lets say i would have had severe withdrawals that could have left me internally damage, i go to the e.r. and once they find out about the chems being in your system they dial they police and issue you a possesion if a controlled substance charge. so why are we being punished for something they allowed to be sold KNOWING they dont fully know the REAL side effects? if i could have went to the hospital for help i would have but if i went it would have been my first class trip to county jail.this stuff is killing our youngsters we need to push and get the cannabis legalized, i can guarantee you the crimerate will drop very gradually

February 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm
(19) Anonymous says:

Me and my husband smoked this crap for a year. he was on probation so of course like many others we thought, it can’t be si bad and it doesnt show up on drug tests. we started off buying 1 gram and that would last a day ir two. that fastly increased. Before we knew it our habit was just like a meth or crack habit. we were lieing cheating and stealing to get money for it. we even got close with our liqhor store guy and he woukd ket us meet him to sell it to us even after it was taken off his shelves. we were so addicted. Both of us have always been stoners and love smoking weed and when we were on this stuff we didn’t even want weed after a while we wanted spice. niw neither of us are fireign to drugs neth, heroin, mushrooms, lsd, just about everything, but. never felt anything like a stronger brand of spice. we had always got the weaker ones (not knowing there was a difference) so the first time we got ahold of Diablo it was called in a black bag with flames we were surprised to say the least. i was cleaning the house and i have always been one to take a couple hits while cleaning, well i took two small hits of soice diablo and a few seconds later my heart was racing (similiar to a coke hit) everything started spinning and i fell onto the couch. i wish i could say all that went theough my head but i don’t even remember. i was trippin for who knows how long and i finally got up and stumbled into the bathroom and vomited horribly for an hour i couldn’t stop dry heaving. my chest felt tightened and i literally felt like my heart and lungs hurt. finally i started to come out of it. i had a head ache frim hell the rest of the day. Combining our symptoms from different experiances we’ve seen, heart issues(tachycardia, heart papiltations), high blood pressure, uncontrolled coughing, body pain, head aches, extreme hallucinations, duzziness, bidy jerking, confusion, anxiety and paranoia. My husband also got a rash on his legs that took two months to go away.

February 25, 2013 at 1:20 pm
(20) anonomous says:

(Cont)
Its coming from another country and they don’t have the same laws as we do. people need to think about that. i mean my husband came outside and found me sitting on tge ground with our dogs babbling to myself making no sense and when he approached me i snapped at him and lashed out. that is how way out this stuff is. We finally quit and withdraw was hirrible. it is in my eyes harder then heroin withdrawl or at least at the same level. and i still every once in a whike have tachycardia (elevated heart rate) and heart papiltations (irregular ir skipped heart beats), head aches and body aches. And my husband gets very sever migranes. who knows if thesej are from spice or not but i know we didbt have these problems before. People young and old DON’T SMOKE SPICE!! ITS FOREIGN CHEMICALS AND ITS GONNA KILL YOU!! The government didn’t say espestos or raydon were bad for us either until people started dropping dead then they had to admit it. open your eyes people!!!

March 11, 2013 at 11:12 pm
(21) Justin says:

Ok idk what synthetics everyone has been smoking but the one i found around the place i live is actually made of a natural herb blend. Its called Kryptonite and the ingredients are listed here, Kryptonite ingredients

Ingredients for “StrawVery” herbal incense:
• Damiana — shrub used for incense and tea, known as an aphrodisiac, outlawed in Louisiana due to a recent increase in the number of calls made to U.S. Poison Control Centers regarding highs.
• Mugwort/wormwood — herb traditionally used to treat cardiac complaints and general feelings of unwellness.
• Marshmallow leaf — herb traditionally used to increase the flow of breast milk, to sooth bronchial tubes and to treat ulcers.
• Pukatea — evergreen tree extract traditionally used to treat tuberculosis.
• Vanilla
• Honey
• Artificial flavors

I used to smoke mary jane since i was 16 until the age of 20 and was pretty addicted to it and was only able to quit a couple times only a month at most. its now been 10 weeks since i smoked weed and i just tried that kryptonite stuff last weekend. It honestly felt like a mild high from weed even after having no tolerence for it anymore. so i dont get how people say its more potent than weed, maybe if you the JWH- based chemicals in it, but it really didnt seem that bad. I smoked about 6 grams with multiple people over 3 days. But i am not planning on buying anymore, mostly because i dont think its worth the money, and gives you a slight fog similar to weed after use. Not saying people should go out and buy this stuff, but honestly if you get the right brand and absolutely need to get high on something and cant smoke weed, this would be alot better than doing legal pills and other ilegal drugs that stay in your system for short periods.

March 13, 2013 at 9:29 am
(22) Vincent Iannelli, MD says:

Most of the synthetic marijuana packs are actually sold like this and marketed as herbal incense or a herbal smoking blend.

March 23, 2013 at 12:54 pm
(23) dylan says:

I smoked fake weed for the first rime like a month and a half ago, the night I smoked it I got very hot, face was bright red, sweating, rapid heartbeat, felt like I was dying. Its almost been two months now and I still am sick. I have thrush, back pain, and all I think about anymore is dying. I think my mind is making me sick. How long will this last? Please someone help. I am miserable. I’ve went to the doctor and they put me on antibiotics and steroid pack and I still feel sick. More like a helpless ill feeling . I’m only 17 and can get my mind off that I’m going to die. I’ve lost 8lbs in the past two months from lose of appetite. My face stays red and hit and I have headaches still. I am very worried! Please help me!

March 25, 2013 at 10:52 am
(24) Trey says:

I tried this stuff 8weeks AGo and still feel the effects. Loss if Wright, back pain, no appetite, anxiety, face stays red and somewhat of a sick feeling. How long will this last? I’m tired or feeling like this!

March 28, 2013 at 2:24 pm
(25) Jay says:

Hey Trey, I quit about 2 weeks ago and am having horrible back/flank pain that feels like a stabbing pain. I have had every test ran on me and ct scans show I’m healthy as everything. I cannot continue to live like this, the worst pain is my back when I lay to rest and it seems when I get up it elevates to my abdomen. Can I expect this to go away as a withdrawal symptom in time? I quit on March 10, I refuse to continue living if I feel this everyday. I’ve smoked on and off for the last 2 years, I’m beggin someone for help that’s going through this as well!!

March 30, 2013 at 3:31 pm
(26) Brian jay says:

Was on probation for 3.5 years. Smoked spice ever since 1st week. The day befor I quit, I smoked 24 blunts just to feel normal. I WAS A JUNKIE! buying at least $60 a day. If I ain’t smoke every 30mins, intense gagging, vomiting, cravings that made coke come down look like nothing. I only smoked the best of the best and was always searching for stronger, I had an episode where I was stroking out, half my body was paralyzed well my heart beat out my chest, if it wasn’t for my English bulldog resting his head on my locked up body as I lay there, I def wouldn’t have calmed down an blacked out. Couldn’t eat without it, woke up constantly to smoke or I would wake up gagging or vomiting into my sinus cavity. Quitting was harsh. Smoked my last spice blunt, stuffed my stomach with tons of good old fashion edible weed, so thc would calm my stomach. As a life long weed smoker, sad to say the weed high is non existent now. after the edibles I ate, I didn’t eat one speck of solid food for first 6 days after I quit, and pooed my guts out. Lots of weed smoking did keep me from vomiting. Couldn’t sleep or relax couldn’t pay attention to tv, and everything seemed boring without the in tenses sketchy high I craved. I’m taking it one day at time, but admit still crave spice since weed isn’t even wrth smoking any more. Oh yea, I also had a serious lung infection that landed me in er by yr 2 smoking side. I have kids I want to be healthy I won’t go back to spice.

March 30, 2013 at 3:58 pm
(27) Brian jay says:

Oh yes I forgot!!! Horrible body aches and pain, in my calf and thigh muscles, and back pain was so bad getting out of bed became a chore. I had to take spice everywhere I went as well, as my sons sporting events, or risk embarrassing him by getting very sick. So basically I couldn’t enjoy my greatest love my kids sports, running to car to take a few hits. Couldn’t go to movies or sit at restaurants. I only felt comfortable at home where I could sit on my bed and smoke spice blunt after blunt. It will be hard but quit. IF I CAN ANYBODY CAN, IF U CAN’T HELP YOURSELF CHECK INTO TREATMENT, tell them it’s for heroin because they don’t know whats really in spice and symptoms of withdrawal are similar…

March 30, 2013 at 6:15 pm
(28) Jay says:

@ Brian please help me with this man! I’m having horrible muscle aches all over and I have abdomen pain in my left side that comes & goes, somedays I’m better than other. I smoked about 2 years and I quit on the 10th of this month. Will this go away?????? I’ve had all blood work, urinalysis, and ct scan showing I’m healthy. Please give me feedback and a piece of mind man!

March 30, 2013 at 7:47 pm
(29) Brian jay says:

YES, Buddy it gets better, my muscle aches have gone away almost completely. It gets better so slowly it’s hard to notice. Don’t compare day to day, compare week to week progress. U compare day to day and it seems like nothings getting better. I strongly suggest buying a crap load of real weed and keep the thc levels in your body higher then ever, even if it’s crap weed, u need a lot. Weed doesn’t get me high so the grade wasn’t that important, as long as it gets normal weed smoking people high u are good. And second most important DRINK TONS OF WATER, keep your muscles full hydrated, double up on recommended amount, that’s 16 glasses a day. water also is natures flush, will help get poison out your body faster thus you will feel better faster as the huge amounts of the drug that deposit in your muscles and other places get washed out. If u can’t afford or your body can’t handle this, i strongly suggest getting professional help. Best of luck to anybody quitting. Hope this helps anybody. STAY STRONG AND POSITIVE..

March 30, 2013 at 8:19 pm
(30) Jay says:

I can’t smoke weed due to my job, it’s just so much pain. Did u feel it on your left side? How long has it taken you to start to feeling better? I’m so worried.

March 31, 2013 at 1:56 am
(31) Jay says:

@ Brian thanks man. I feel so much better talking to someone about this it was so scary reading about all the kidney failures people has had and I have to say the pain started around my heart but it goes from my upper left back to the hammering feeling right below my ribcage. My feet and calf muscles ache like I’m 80 years old. I will def then fire my blunt like Donald trump tomorrow night and chill. I am just thankful all my ct scans, blood work, and all didn’t come back with something. The pain started bad when I quit smoking, while I was burning my body was like it use to. I guess it’s the toxins being cleansed ? This stuff is no joke & needs to be taken seriously, this can ruin your life. I’m paying all this back for sure, these withdrawals are just so hard! Goodluck with anyone who is going through it as well.

March 31, 2013 at 5:41 am
(32) Brian jay says:

No prob, if u can hold food down now, suggest edibles. Get way more out the T H C. I smoke and eat to calm cravings, and I do mean calm, NOT CURE. Dont expect a miracle, but it helps. If u get positive results from any my suggestions, let me know. STAY ACTIVE, HOPE U DON’T SIT ALL DAY AT WORK, THE LONGER I SAT OR LAYED IN ONE PLACE WITHOUT SOME GOOD WALKING AROUND, THE WORSE MY LEG MUSCLES AND BACK HURT

March 31, 2013 at 6:05 am
(33) Brian Jay says:

Weed no longer has appeal of any kind, I don’t even like taste or smell, just use to calm cravings.(not cure) I hardly even smoke weed since cravings are way down. I feel a lot better now, and I feel way healthier then when I was smoking spice. My head is clear. But my senses are dull, smells are dull, tastes are dull, and yes I had no desire to have sex with my girlfriend for first couple weeks of detox.

March 31, 2013 at 9:04 am
(34) Jay says:

Yea I’d have to say laying down on my back kills me in the upper left section and sitting down is where the abdomen pain starts to kick in. I’ve never thought a drug withdrawal would feel like this, do you go to the doc any for tests ran? The leg pain comes & goes throughout the day. I’m sure my blood work or urinalysis or ct scan would have shown sum kind obstruction.

April 8, 2013 at 1:06 pm
(35) cody says:

im only 16 i smoked spice since i was 13 i was smoken a 5 gram containor a day i felst like every second i didnt smoke i want to just lay on the floor and die ive been claen of it for 2 months now ive been dealing with black outs that are scaring my family if i didnt quit i dont thing id live passed 18 id advise no one ever to try this it will kill you

April 9, 2013 at 4:48 am
(36) Corey says:

I started smoking synthetic cannabis or “fake bake” in the summer of 2007. I was always just an occasionally smoker and never really got addicted until the summer of 2012. See I didn’t hear many cases of people being addicted to it until early 2012 when they came out with the new recipe “Syn”. I don’t know if it was just the region I live in or if it was the actual potency but all of it got weak for awhile and then it became more potent then it originally was. It has gotten me into alot of trouble and has made me less trustworthy to my family. I have kicked it once already but I feel victim to it again. It’s not as bad as it used to be but I am smoking up to 3 G’s a now. If I have any advice for someone who is thinking about doing this it would be DON’T DO IT!!!!!!! You tell yourself you wanna quit and that you hate it and the next thing you know you are scraping your pipes just so you can have some more to smoke.

April 13, 2013 at 11:13 pm
(37) Matt says:

Ok first off I’m a 21 year old male….I did k2 for the first time on feb 16th and i had a very bad trip… I was drinking beer and I took two hits off of summit k2….I’m not going to go into details of my trip because when I think back to everything I saw I get light headed…so I will tell you this I have been to the ER two times they did a EKG on me said everything was fine….but in the past 2 mouths has been the worst part of my life EVER!!!! The first thing was I woke up the next morning not feeling myself so I done alittle research on k2 well let’s just say when I seem what it done to everyone it worried me every badly…..I walked around my yard for two days from daylight to dark worried for my life I would cry like a baby praying to god to make it better in those two days I drunk 74 bottles of water….. After that it was like I went threw anxiety for about 3 weeks thought I was going crazy made me wanna have myself put somewhere…. Now today I have chest pains and really bad headaches and the doctors can’t and don’t know what to do about it….I still think back and don’t feel like the same guy I was the day before I smoked it but I will tell you what has help me some….first off stay busy doing something to keep your mind off things. 2: don’t drink coffee or sweet tea. 3: don’t smoke cigs. 4: do not stay by yourself.5: this is the best one I have found so far and it’s get god into your life it really helped me a lot but not back to myself 100 %….anyone had these feeling and have them to go away PLEASE let me know and if anyone needs to talk to me about what they are going threw I’m here and also I need someone to talk to myself

April 14, 2013 at 5:02 am
(38) DAVID says:

ok every one, i never met a k2 addict as big as i was every day for 2 years me and a friend would both buy $650 worth of k2 every day and smoke from the time we wolk up then tel we went to bed, i didnt have any problems with it them 2 years untill it put me in the hospital, last year on july 6 i wolk up to check FB and my friend asked me if i wanted to hit the joint i said yea and ript it good and then fell to the floor grabbing my chest then passed out, wel i wolk up in a the hospital connected to so much stuff they said my heart almost exploded just from 1 hit that day, i developed very bad panic attacks and anxiety attacks and bad sleeping problems i have all 3 of them everyday sence i quit k2 all the way tel today and will probley have them for the rest of my life im only 19 now and i ruined my life from k2, people say these other drugs are the worst drugs ever, know i think k2 and bath salts are the worst, DONT SMOKE THIS STUFF IT DEATH IN A BAG AND I DONT WANT YOU TO END UP LIKE ME

April 14, 2013 at 11:31 am
(39) Jay says:

I’ve been off this stuff for a full month & was an on/off user for 2 years. I’m having constant abdominal pain/back pain when I lay down or even sit. I can’t even get comfortable, the docs say all my test are normal. What do I do? Will I ever be the same and this pain go away? How have y’all dealt with this?

April 16, 2013 at 2:07 am
(40) Poop says:

I’m 15 I smoked spice spice in February & my last huge hit I thought I was having a heart attack but I calmed myself down & I thought I was just tripping. Panic attacks started this month & of course I’m thinking the worst giving myself worst panic attacks. This is seriously no joke, i took it because it was free.. All your stories made me feel so much better to know I’m not the only one going through this. I’m not going crazy, I’m learning to deal with the panic attacks. If you’re reading this , STOP with the crazy thoughts. Yeah you messed up but now you can make it through.

April 17, 2013 at 10:28 pm
(41) K says:

My post was too long, so I broke it into 2-3 posts, please bear with me! Well, I found this artical because I am on day 3 of detox from spice after smoking pretty much every day for the last 1 1/2 yrs. Like many, I was a happy marijuanna user, daily for about 10+ yrs, but then finally ran into problems with it’s legality. I had tried spice before from my bro in law when he was on probation, and I liked it. Felt like weed, but also a little trippy, which I like! So, when I couldn’t smoke weed, after a couple months, I decided to try spice as a substitute.

At first it felt very empowering to buy a legal substance that felt so much like weed. It even had advantages, such as not smelling like weed and not as strong an odor, which is what got me busted with weed in the first place! It’s easy to get, and no more dealing with flakey dealers, just go to the store! The high can be nice, and my husband and I had a lot of fun experimenting and learning to control the drug. We quickly realized you shouldn’t puff too much at once, it can be very strong, can give panic attack feelings if you do too much too quickly, and it doesn’t mix with alcohol! In fact, fast forward, spice helped me cut my drinking down to almost nothing, because I wanted to get high and not feel the ill effects of mixing those two. I don’t have a problem with alcohol, but did enjoy a few drinks regularly, but pretty much gave it all up during this time.

April 17, 2013 at 10:29 pm
(42) K says:

Part 2…
Anyway, right away I realized we were spending WAY more money on spice than we did on weed, even tho it can be fairly cheap. There were two of us smoking, and we easily went thru around $10 a day, every day. It just really doesn’t last long. The high itself is strong, but not long lasting, leaving you craving another hit after about a half hour to an hour. Anytime we talked about taking a break for tolerance or money, the next day there seemed to be a reason to buy some more. Some days I wanted to quit but my hubby didn’t, and sometimes he did but I didn’t, so that helped continue the cycle.

The only times we really quit, is if we ran out of all money between paychecks. Then I would be craving it so bad for about 3 days. After that I would feel a lot better, but usually by then we had been paid again, and it would be the weekend, and we would convince ourselves it would be cool to buy 1 bag and have some fun. But when that bag was done, we would say, it’s still the weekend… then Monday would come, and we all know how that sucks, so we would buy some to relax. Then we were hooked all over again! Then we would buy some because no one has time to feel crummy like that (withdrawals). I definatly noticed If I smoked more than one day in a row, I would feel cravings as it wore off. It is very addictive! Since the high doesn’t last long, we would redose constantly, especially as time went on and our tollerance grew. We would talk about quiting again to bring our tollerance down, because we weren’t even getting very high anymore, even on the strong brands (sonic zero, old school Down to Earth that I don’t even think was legal anymore), but it had become a habit, almost like smoking cigarettes! It seemed my body wanted a puff every hour even if it wasn’t making me very high.

April 17, 2013 at 10:39 pm
(43) K says:

Part 3
I started having body pains and really cloudy head. I work from home, and I had a terrible time being motivated to work, and when I did, I couldn’t concentrate. I started not meeting my goals and claiming I was sick so I wouldn’t be fired. I NEVER had a problem working with marijuanna, in fact it would help me concentrate, and I would have work marathons and get so much done… Spice was the opposite, I couldn’t concentrate on work for longer than 20 min at a time. And If I ran out of spice, that was bad too, because I was distracted all day going thru craving and withdraws. Yes, this stuff is physically addicting! Loss of appetite, insomnia, headache, just feeling crummy, and intense cravings! As soon as I had a puff that would go away and I would feel so much better. My husband especially had a problem with his body waking him up every 1-2 hours at night. If he had a puff, he could go back to sleep, but then back up again thru the night! He would go to work and feel ok but tierd, but then when he came home, he would just puff and doze in his chair. I could barely keep him awake, he was always nodding off, waking for a few to smoke a bowl and then nod again. He was in denial claiming it was his crazy work schedule, but I was getting pissed because we never did anything anymore and also never had money to do anything.

April 17, 2013 at 10:46 pm
(44) K says:

Part 4!
So, fast forward some more, we ran out of money between paychecks AGAIN, and we were both ready to quit this time. We have kicked before a few times this year so we knew what it would be like. Last week we went thru so many vials and bags, I’m not even sure how much. So, I knew the cravings were going to be bad, but also really sick of the habit! Finally the day came that we didn’t have anymore, no money and my pipe was scraped extra clean. That next day, if I had come across any money, I’m sure we would have caved. But just like before, the first day is the worst one! After 3 days the cravings are mostly gone with a few withdraw symptoms like appetite, but I can also finally concentrate on work again! I have so much money I need to make up for and we have been falling behind on bills. It will be tight for a month or 2, so I’m so glad we are quitting before we couldn’t pay bills or something!

I never thought this would happen to me. It might be hard to tell from my rambling, probably misspelled post, but I am college educated, in my 40′s and well paid for what I do. I have held the same job over 5 yrs. Most people would call me very responsible and would never guess I have a substance abuse problem, but I do! I have experienced many different drugs in my life, including some that are addictive, such as xanax and alcohol, but never had a problem like I have with spice!

April 17, 2013 at 10:49 pm
(45) K says:

Part 5- the final chapter

When I first started writing this post, I didn’t expect it to be so long! But halfway thru I realized it will help me stay clean by telling my story. I hope we don’t fall off on payday again, I still don’t trust myself, but I think my husband and I are really done with it this time. I know we don’t want to go thru a kick again, and finally this time I am just so glad to have the cravings out of my system, I think it outweighs the desire to get high. CRAVINGS SUCK!!! I’ll be glad when it is really behind us and I don’t even think about it anymore. In fact, I don’t even want my loved mary jane anymore, even tho 4/20 day is coming up. I’m getting used to being sober, and I think I want to try that for a while, it is easier than the merry-go-round I have been on lately. When MJ is legal in my state, which I hope will be soon, I will happily go back to that occasionally. I never had a problem with natural marijuanna, and in fact, I think it is good medicine. I have had problems with depression and panic disorder since a teen and tried many antidepressents, with many nasty side effects. For almost 10 yrs I was able to control my depression with MJ, and get off the pills. That worked for me, I know that isn’t for everyone, but there is more and more evidence of so many ways MJ can help people, with few if any side effects. I feel my body getting better when I use MJ. Spice is not the same thing at all! It does’t have the spiritual side, and actually makes you sick! I forgot to mention earlier, I just finally got over a flue/sinus/chest/cold that dragged on for a full month, sometimes coughing so hard I would throw up! I know I was so sick because my immune system was compromised, I’m usually very healthy and get over a bad flue in a week. All spice does is make you high, and later on sick, broke and addicted :( Thank you for letting me tell my story!

April 19, 2013 at 9:53 am
(46) B says:

I’ve been with my girlfriend for 16 months now. The first 14 was great although we lost 2 babies. We start talking about marriage and trying again for another baby and I am happy to say we are 3 months in :) About 2 months ago her brother came home from a mental institution and she started acting funny. I’m no spring chicken when it comes to getting high as I’ve done it all heroin and meth being my favorite ( 10yrs sobriety coming up soon tho). I found out she was smoking Darkness while being pregnant and flipped. I don’t mind pot it’s natural and the spice has stuff in it that is bad for you. She agreed to a few hits of reefer here and there but yesterday me knowing it hasn’t stopped found her darkness and confronted her. She got the ultimatum this time and she chose it. My heart is broken as this person is not the one I fell in love with. She don’t care about anything now not even the baby we tried so hard for. This stuff is seriously messed up and I used to manufacturer harder stuff. I pray something is done like legalizing the real natural stuff and really coming down on the people making and selling this stuff as its tearing many people’s life’s apart

May 7, 2013 at 5:59 pm
(47) Bobby says:

For me, it started out as just something to do that I wouldn’t get in trouble for. It turned into something that took over my life. I pawned things, stole stuff and did anything to get high. Real Weed didn’t work anymore and my life was crumbling more and more each day. Luckily for me, I found that reading the comment sections of sites like this really helped me stay away from the stuff. Whenever I get the urge, like now, I go back and read some more. It makes me remember how horrible my life was and how happy I am now

Hopefully, everyone here will do the same thing and will enjoy some success while trying to get off this poison.

Best of luck

Check out SpiceAddictionSupport.org. I found some good information there.

May 16, 2013 at 7:28 am
(48) anonymous says:

If someone is on steroids 4 weeks and smoke only one ciggarette will have any trouble with his health?

June 20, 2013 at 12:38 pm
(49) Ryan says:

To me, from these stories, it sounds like they need to make their blends a little less potent. This is not for a 14 yr old with no mj experience. I currently use one of the 4th generation synthetics, and I make my blends myself so I know what I’m consuming.

It’s nice for me (a medical marijuana patient) to use as a potentiator and a.weed/wax saver. I’m spending about half as much as I used to on weed/wax now, and haven’t noticed any side effects except for a lack of balance when I’m high.

June 20, 2013 at 12:42 pm
(50) Ryan says:

I also have not noticed any compulsion/addiction to use it any stronger than my one to use marijuana. And I use them together when I use them…just one pinch-hitter of the blend and then MJ products

June 27, 2013 at 12:28 am
(51) Jenna says:

Does anyone know about cheating while on spice.? My husband was hooked on it and was randomly messaging and adding girls on his Facebook. I accused him of cheating, but he swears he was too high and was only on a back road alone getting high LOL. He said he doesn’t remember much, but was definitely not with any of the girls. He was smoking $100 a day.

July 25, 2013 at 7:29 pm
(52) emma says:

I tried it once my 2 year of high school I don’t get why ppl do it it was the worst high of my life and my bf at the time was messed up for weeks after doing it was awful

August 11, 2013 at 12:36 pm
(53) no one says:

I am 55 years old and live in Europe and have been smoking potpouri for years…….no problem.

Most young children and young adults are not prerpared to smoke potpouri. K2 is junk much better out on the market than K2.

When smoking potpuri you toke on it different….small tokes and slow down and don’t get in a hurry and all will be fine.

September 26, 2013 at 11:44 pm
(54) Tristan Edwards "Azureus Music" says:

Here is my input.

As a stage performer since 2007 I’ve tried all kinds of things.
I was a habitual marijuana smoker until 2009 when I was arrested after a show while smoking a blunt with some of the kids that were at my show.
I was in a state I had no clue about and put on probation in that state for a year with no option for relocation of Probation.
So I had to stick it out and live in that state and was drug tested monthly which resulted in me looking for alternative highs.
I found some stuff called “Black Label” Which was essentially mugwort and marshmallow leaf sprayed with a chemical mixture being advertised as “Herbal Incense: Not For Human Consumption” and lots of people I knew were smoking “Herbal Incense”.
So I bought a 3g bag, I went home turned on my computer and began to make some music but quickly got bored resulting in me pulling out my tiny bubbler pipe and packing a bowl. I took a nice hit and inhaled, held in for 7 seconds and exhaled. The first five minutes was cool.
Then I became extremely paranoid and had small unintentional throat spazms so I touched my neck and my throat made this clicking sound. For the next twenty minutes I was frantically crying and hallucinating that I had broken my throat and if I did not hold it in place I was going to die….I blacked out then awoke less than 2 or 3 minutes later hugging my knees rocking back and forth.

My advice is that this cannot be good for your mental stability.
What if I had actually ripped my own adams apple out during the hallucination and paranoia?!?!?!
I fear spice even to this day.
Kids please do not do this..
I beg you, I have since witnessed a friend having seizures and being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance from this stuff..
I took one hit.. and I thought I was about to die.
NO DRUGS I HAVE EVER TAKEN MADE ME FEEL THIS WAY OR BLACKOUT WHILE STILL HAVING MY BODY BE FUNCTIONAL DOING WHAT IT WANTS WHEN I AWAKE!!!
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS STUFF AT ALL COSTS IT IS DANGEROUS!!!!

October 27, 2013 at 4:07 pm
(55) nathan says:

So iv smoked some spice death grip about 5 times
all my highs were good until the last one I was out
Of my body and I couldent seey self walking so I was walking all messed up and my bpdy was numb my throat
Was dried up and it was hard to breath my heart beat was going extreamly fast and I felt like I was gonna die just to all you that wanna try it dont and if u do make sure u have something to drink

November 18, 2013 at 8:01 am
(56) Dave says:

******Please help !!!!!!!! I have been using spice on/off for 3 years now. I am having crazy thoughts and depression, I am on my 21 day of detox today! About a week after I started to this day having very bad headaches, fever, horrible gum numbness, back and leg pain from HELL!!!!!!! This is no joke nor tolerable, what can I expect? Doc said all blood works fine colonscopy & ct scan with contrasts perfect. Please comment below and share any thoughts!!!:(

January 4, 2014 at 5:23 am
(57) Danny Hamilton says:

I am 18 years old and I had a bad experience when I was 16 and still pay the consequences to this day. I suffer fr mass anxiety/panic attacks that happen out of the random and are uncontrollable. I smoke many different kinds before experiencing problems! My theory on this is 1 out of every 60 bags in this industry contain more chemicals than other that ale your brain react different. Some people stop before they reach that bad and some people get that bag and they learn the hard way. I took 6 hits of voodoo boo berry and sat down in my bathroom while my mom edged up my hair, I turned a greyish white color like I overdosed on meth or cocaine. My mom noticed it and said something I than stood up to look in the mirror and don’t remember anything after that point, besides waking up on the hallway floor with my mom over top of me screaming for help and crying. I than asked her wtf she was doing on top of me. She got me up and helped me to the couch and explain to me when I looked in the mirror I didn’t know who she was or myself, I than told her I didn’t feel right and tried to walk out of the bathroom. I made it 3 steps out of the bath room and fell to the floor having a ceasure. That was my wake up call that I needed to stop. Still to this day that dumb shit effects me and my life!

January 15, 2014 at 8:19 pm
(58) Mellissa says:

My husband tried this stuff for him migraines. He only hit it one time and it made his migraine not so intense, but a few days later he hit it about 3 times. He was outside in his garage and I went out to talk with him and I thought he was counting something nodding his head and moving his hand but there was nothing there to count. I asked him what he was doing and he said we was looking at the ashes. I got a chair and made him sit down . I thought he had a mild stroke. I forgot about the crap he had smoked. I asked him what day it was and he didnt know or what year. I was ready to take him to the hospital thinking he really had a stroke. I have never seen him like this . He didnt know who he was or where he was at. we have smoked pot years back and messed with a little other things too but I have never seen anything do him like this did. I wouldnt touch the stuff and after I told him how he acted he wont either.

January 16, 2014 at 8:54 pm
(59) Amadou Awadi says:

I would recommend highly you do not smoke synthetic marijuana. It is not right. I have been regular marijuana smoker everyday for the past two years and i can promise that this is not like weed. Today one of a friend of mine invited me to smoke and told me he has really good stuff. He dont smoke alot and he suprised me. So like a fool, i went over there. When i got there had a joint rolled up and told me take one hit. It did not smell like chronic so i thinking to myself “this is reggie”. Now i smoke everyday, before and after anything i do, and my friend dont hardly smoke so im thinking he is stingy by saying ‘take one hit’. I fire that doobie up and start smoking it like its reggie, thinking i will need a few hits to feel a thing(i was wrong). I held two fat hits in and snuck an extra 2 small one. He said put it out and i do. I turned around and next thing i know im feeling like a thousand gorillas are pounding my head. For 20 minutes i felt like i smoked 100 blunt. I had never feared for my life from just 2 hits. I thought i would see God. I said “WTF is this ….?” He said back home we call it Black Rhino. I said “No, what is this?” He said Hash and k2. I dont know much about k2 but i can tell you it isnt right. If one hit can make you feel like you smoked a pound, it is not right. Smoking chemicals is not right. God grew marijuana in variety of strains for man to enjoy. Man doesnt need to smoke chemical. Only God knows what would have happend if i smoked the whole thing.

January 18, 2014 at 11:27 pm
(60) DB says:

The people who manufacture “spice” as it’s sold and other synthetic cannabinoid saturated items usually only use one chemical in fact. The ‘noid itself. These chemicals were not meant to be combusted, as they can degrade into very harmful chemicals. For instance, JW-018, is relatively harmless ingested compared to other ‘noids, but when combusted can turn into naptha as well as other harmful byproducts. And unlike marijuana, these synthetics have a mucher lower LD50, with people smoking it like they would marijuana and ending up overdosing.

January 21, 2014 at 6:45 am
(61) Crissy says:

Hello everyone, I would first like to state that all of your stories have helped get me through this tremendously. I will try to keep this as short as possible.

It all started about 4 or 5 months ago. My boyfriend and I had been smoking pot, but it started getting to where I couldn’t find it at all anymore. So we decided to try spice. Worse mistake of my life…We both became completely and hopelessly addicted. With neither of us having an addictive personality, we didn’t understand what was going on. I started stealing money from my parents to get spice. I would lie to get money. I did any and everything to get me “just one more baggie” I am currently on day 2 of being clean. I have no appetite, I can’t eat anything. This is truely the worse i have felt in my entire life. My whole body goes numb from the overwhelming anxiety. I can’t feel myself breathe which just made it worse. My lips are horribly chapped, which I think is from smoking spice as well. My whole body is freaking out over this. I just think its pretty bad that spice seems like it’s just as addictive than these other hard street drugs and you can buy them in stores! This stuff needs to be illegal. Marijuana has never killed anyone or even came close like this drug has. I just cant see how they can have marijuana illegal but something as strong and potent like spice is allowed. Now there is only one county around me now that has it legal.

January 21, 2014 at 10:40 am
(62) helpme says:

Please help me I just smoked some of this stuff I’m crying and loading all over myself

January 22, 2014 at 6:49 pm
(63) katy says:

I’m 15 and I was put on probation about 6 to 7 months ago. I have always smoked weed to get out of my reality and to sleep, to eat till I was full. I couldent stop smoking until I found out that I could cut to find some type of relief. I hate cutting, nd I got a bag of spice and took to hits out of a pipe and almost instantly felt like I was dying. I tryed to play cool but I already knew I was in for a ride. I started vomiting and every time I went to throw up it felt like my lungs were closing. I rely felt like I was dying I fell asleep on the bathroom floor and woke up and didn’t feel like I was completely there. I got thoughts of suicide and had really bad pains going throughout my back. I am still to this day trying to completely recover.

January 25, 2014 at 7:37 am
(64) yabuddy says:

Are you all writing these comments after smoking? Dont smoke the shit. You’ll love being sober after you stop. What’s gonna happen when they dont have a way around the laws of making it? just as you, having ways around probation and ways around drug tests for your jobs.. or your jobs that you’re applying for? Yeah… just quit the shit.. and… wtf’s wrong with reality that you have to get high anyways? No matter smokin k2 or smokin weed.. life is completely and totally awesome! Live it up my friends!! Drink a beer lol..or instead of buyin a bag, buy a scratch off. Shit.. at least theres a chance of you gettin something outta that. And if you lose, it beats the hell outta all your problems caused from buying a bag.. just imagine it wasnt availble… wherever you get it from.. dont go there, pretend they dont sell it anymore. Odds are you only go to that place for one reason and one reason only anyways, to buy a bag. Basically your killin yourself more and more with every hit you take. And i highly doubt any of you wanna commit suicide, (unless, by the sounds of it, youre high on the stuff.) cause if so, you wouldve done it already, therefore you wouldnt have been able to post these comments. And with that, if you dont plan on killing yourself.. DONT SMOKE IT. GOD BLESS. and sorry for the rant.

January 25, 2014 at 5:50 pm
(65) ju says:

Im 25 years i never smoke drink pop pills till yesterday i tried some sh*t call crazy monkey my bd smoke it all the time so i didnt think it was going to be so bad. So i take one puff it didnt do nothing my bd said inhale and i guess i inhale too much r too long cuz the sh*t got real fast i felt like i left my body and i couldnt get bk in it like i was sleep dreaming somen. Then next thing i kno i jump out the car and start running in circles patting my chest. My bd just laughing till he see im really trippin i said call 911 or my mom my mom picked up and talked me thru it till theambulance got there they did my vitals heart and oxygen was good they said i must been havin anxiety attack. So i tried to calm down but it didnt wrk i still felt out my body now ismoke that at 9am by this time it was two aclock still trippn hours go by i never went to sleep cuz ithought i was gone die then fineally i went to bed i wokeup feeling like me then i started moving around and i could feel the sh*t still in me my heart trippin my head trippin im praying that all this will go away soon i hate this constant nervious parnoid feeling like im floating away. Today im just trying tostaypositve and pray this evil sh*t get out my system dont fu*kwithit i have no emotions now and i want them bk

February 18, 2014 at 11:38 am
(66) jayjay says:

Hi im 17 years old i recently got on cloud 9 which is a type of synthetic weed , i started smoking this about 4 months ago because i got on probatiion , i started smoking bout a bag a day wich is 3grams a day and its like 10 blunts a day , now i have been smoking back to back lost interest in school stay skipping to go get high im not the same i waba quit but its hard dont smoke this stuff i woke up in the hospital passed out after using spice at a club !! I will quit the bag that i have now will be my last bag !

February 23, 2014 at 2:17 pm
(67) Shauna says:

K2/spice is a terrible and addictive drug I’ve been witgh my fiance for almost 10yrs and he has always bwen a hard working love man and father because of that drug he has become a lier a thief and an addict..no to mention spending all his money the mood swings the vomiting yhe hullucinations and the lack of modivation to do anything but find and buy his next fix..this man is my best friend and and I’m loosing him in a battle idk how to win. I am so afraid that not only are his symptoms there but what is this permenitly doing to his mind lungs heart and kidneys. And today I woke up to him massivly hullucinating I am preganant and he was trying to get me to smoke and stating he for got and I don’t smoke in the first place saying tgings that didn’t make since and when I would correct him becoming very angry he spent the night before puking and now this..I’m very worried…I guess the point I’m trying to make is stay far far away from this drug it will ruin your life and hurt everyone you love including yourself

March 4, 2014 at 2:48 pm
(68) Aaron says:

Had a few bad trips from this myself….One day I did it and just a few…1-2 mins later I did not know who I was or what I was doing….I ended up at a neighbors house knocking on the door because I was lost…luckily they weren’t home so I saved myself the embarrassment…It lasted a total of maybe 10mins then I was back to reality…..Another time I did end up going into very violent seizures and fell on the floor.. Yea this stuff is bad if you misuse it… Have had cases of people dying in my state from smoking BigLs of it. One kid…19 did it…started playing basketball and dropped dead right there..heart exploded. About 3 more cases reported in my town of people dropping dead from it… It isn’t all that bad in most cases but you have to know what to look for…..If it is a bag of sparkly shake….don’t smoke it it is over loaded with the chems.. if you do prepare to go on one bad trip or die.

March 23, 2014 at 5:37 pm
(69) Moe says:

Ive been smoking spice for a month now and have been experiencing pain in my left side of my body and have loss 10lbs, should I seek medical attention?

March 27, 2014 at 4:52 am
(70) steve says:

Hi there would just like to say reading this as helped me a lot! I am on day 2 and the withdrawal is bad. Smoked this shity stuff for over a year now worst mistake of my life. Enyone reading this should no before I started smoking this crap. I had a lovely girlfriend money lots of mates agood life and was happy a year down the line I have none of those things enymore.just a day to day battle against this stuff which is now my life.please please stay away from it its life breaker if it gets hold of you… Hope this stop,s someone letting it get a far as I have.good luck….

March 31, 2014 at 6:04 am
(71) 20 says:

I just wanted to say the yellow poo and dry heaving stops after a few weeks. So that’s good but the craving… Never. I still think of it almost everyday and I was one of those ppl we all no I’d do anything just to get that bag and then high all day and night I needed to eat and sleep and now I no a place to get it I’m already slipping back there is no just for fun on weekends u do it again after quiting and u withdraw lightly but still I can’t sleep and its been days no food either . It’s amazing I can’t stay away from it. Try it once and like it, u will prob b hooked