Napa Home & Garden recalled almost half a million bottles of pourable NAPAfire and FIREGEL Gel Fuel bottles and jugs in June.
As expected, the Consumer Product Safety Commission and nine other manufacturers of pourable gel fuels are recalling their products, which adds an additional 2 million units of various pourable gel fuels to the previous recall.
These manufacturers of one-quart plastic bottles and one-gallon plastic jugs of pourable gel fuel include:
- Bird Brain Inc., of Ypsilanti, Mich.
- Bond Manufacturing of Antioch, Calif.
- Sunjel Company (2 Burn Inc.) of Milwaukee
- Fuel Barons Inc. of Lake Tahoe, Nev.
- Lamplight Farms Inc of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Luminosities Inc (Windflame) of St. Paul, Minn.
- Pacific Décor Ltd. of Woodinwille, Wash.
- Real Flame of Racine, Wis.
- Smart Solar Inc. of Oldsmar, Fla.
From these pourable gel fuels igniting unexpectedly, there have been at least 65 incidents resulting in two deaths and 34 victims who were hospitalized with second and third degree burns of the face, chest, hands, arms or legs.
If you have a fire pot that use pourable gel fuel, stop using it and contact the manufacturer for instructions on getting a refund and for returning unused gel fuel.