I have a little bit more information about the Similac recall.
In addition to the larger plastic tubs of Similar formula, lots of recalled Similac formula includes:
- Similac Sensitive Isomil Soy - 12.4-oz cans - only lots numbers containing RB
- Similac Advance - 12.4-oz cans - only lots numbers containing RB
Remember that all lots of Similac branded powder in the rectangular, plastic tubs are part of the recall. These are the larger 1.38-lb (22-oz), 1.45-lb (23.2-oz), and 2.12-lb (34-oz) tubs of Similac formula and seem to include the following products:
- Similac Advance
- Similac Advance EarlyShield
- Similac Sensitive
- Similac Isomil Advance
- Similac Sensitive Isomil Soy
- Similac Organic
- Similac Organic and Similac Advance Organic
- Similac Sensitive R.S.
- Similac Sensitive for Spit-Up
- Similac Go & Grow
- Similac Go & Grow EarlyShield
- Similac Go & Grow Soy
If you have any other types of Similac formula powder in smaller 8-oz, 12.4-oz and 12.9-oz cans, then you will have to continue to try and check the Similac recall website to see if the lot number on the bottom of your can is part of the recall. Keep in mind that the Similac recall may include the smaller 8-oz cans that parents often get as samples from doctor's offices and hospitals.
We have now posted the full list of Similac recall lot numbers for parents to search. Check to see if your Similac formula has been recalled.
Similac formula that is not part of the Similac recall includes:
- all liquid forms of Similac formula
- all concentrated forms of Similac formula
- small size powder forms of Similac formula (0.6-oz singles)
- Similac Expert Care Alimentum
- Similac Expert Care Neosure
- Similac Human Milk Fortifier